[Request] Support for Adaptive Brightness

Forum to discuss everything related to the current development build of Automagic.

Moderator: Martin

gollyzila

[Request] Support for Adaptive Brightness

Post by gollyzila » 17 Nov 2014 22:36

Hi Martin,

In EAP 1.25 and Lollipop, setting brightness to automatic will enable "adaptive brightness" and setting it to a specific value will disable adaptive brightness. Could you update it to allow us to change the brightness levels without affecting the current adaptive brightness setting?

Thanks

P.S. Thank you so much for updating Automagic for Lollipop so quickly. Your hard work and flow UI arethe reasons I'll be sticking with Automagic.

Martin

Re: [Request] Support for Adaptive Brightness

Post by Martin » 18 Nov 2014 19:00

Hi,

Yes, I have planned to support this in a future version. Unfortunately I already get many crash reports of Lollipop users in the last few days due to some internal Lollipop bugs so I'm not going to add any more features in v1.25 but I'll probably add it in 1.26.

Regards,
Martin

Martin

Re: [Request] Support for Adaptive Brightness

Post by Martin » 18 Nov 2014 21:44

Just checked the system settings on Lollipop: You can use action Set System Setting, category System and setting name screen_auto_brightness_adj with values between -1 and 1 to change the adaptive brightness. -1 means dark, 1 means light. Lollipop should pick up the new value immediately after the action is executed.