EAP version 1.18.0-dev

Forum to discuss everything related to the current development build of Automagic.

Moderator: Martin

Martin

EAP version 1.18.0-dev

Post by Martin » 29 Jun 2013 15:16

This forum is used to give interested users access to the next version of Automagic currently in development.
The early access version is only lightly tested and might still contain serious bugs. The quality of EAP versions can at times be even way below usual beta standards.

:arrow: Use at your own risk!
:arrow: Ensure to create a backup before you install an EAP version.

Important:
  • The EAP version will replace the Google Play version of Automagic on your device. Flows opened, saved and created with the EAP version will usually not be compatible with old versions of Automagic so it is highly recommended to create a backup of your flows, widgets and variables before you start using the EAP version (create a backup of the folder /<sdcard>/Automagic)
  • Unknown sources needs to be enabled in the settings of Android to install the EAP version.
  • Please report bugs and problems found in the EAP version in the EAP forum.
  • Don't share flows created using the EAP version in the regular flow sharing area since users of the released Automagic version will not be able to use the new triggers, conditions and actions. Feel free to share flows in the EAP forum.
  • The EAP version only works for about 4 weeks. Please install a new EAP version when the old one expires or install the released version available in Google Play.

Changes
1.18.0-dev (2013-08-12)
  • new trigger Phone Cell CDMA
  • new trigger Daydream State
  • new trigger Locale Adjusted
  • new trigger Timezone Adjusted
  • new trigger Time Adjusted
  • new trigger K-9 Mail Received (requires K-9 Mail app)
  • new trigger Location Provider State to detect when GPS or network location is enable/disabled in the settings
  • new trigger Phone Signal Strength
  • new trigger Mobile Datanetwork Type to detect when the network type changes to UMTS, GPRS etc.
  • new trigger HTTP Request (Experimental) to run your own web server in Automagic
  • unified Google and local calendar event triggers in Calendar Event and support more calendars (some calendars experimental)
  • new condition Phone Cell CDMA
  • new condition Bluetooth Device Connected *
  • new condition Flow Executing
  • new condition Telephony Radio Enabled *
  • new condition Mobile Datanetwork Type
  • new condition Vibrate on Ring Enabled *
  • unified Google and local calendar event conditions in Calendar Event
  • new action Set Lock PIN/Password to change and remove the lock screen PIN/password
  • new action Init Variables Phone Info to get access to the operator name, IMSI, IMEI and more
  • new action Set Bluetooth Tethering State (Android 3+) *
  • new action Input Speech (Experimental)
  • new action Voice Search (Experimental)
  • new action Take Picture using the device cam app or in the background (Android 4+)
  • new action Request Sync to semi-automatic sync calendars, mail, notes etc.
  • new action Set Telephony Radio State **
  • new action Show Call Log
  • new action Show Input Method Selector
  • new action Modify Call Log to mark the call log as read or to clear the call log
  • new action Init Variables Call Log to read the newest call log entry into variables
  • new action Start Daydream (Android 4.2+)
  • new action Set Vibrate on Ring State *
  • new action Write HTTP Response Text (Experimental) to return text for a HTTP request
  • new action Write HTTP Response File (Experimental) to to return a file for a HTTP request
  • new action Reboot **
  • new action Shutdown **
  • added option to set and record custom vibration patterns in action Vibrate
  • added option to select the stream type in action Speech Output
  • added options to better control trigger Phone Cell GSM
  • added option to action HTTP Request to ignore certificate problems
  • added a setting to change the feedback type of the accessibility service to avoid conflicts with other apps and services
  • changed option Never in action Set Screen Timeout to work better on some devices
  • added script functions contains and replaceAll
  • added script functions encodeURL and encodeURLForm to encode variables for HTTP requests
  • added script function newLocation to create location objects from latitude and longitude in a script
  • added capability to change local/global variable values in dialog of condition Debug Dialog
  • changed sort order of variables in condition Debug Dialog to show local variables first
  • added new properties to ellipse object in widgets to create arcs
  • added option to set the control channel encoding in FTP actions
  • added options to set the priority and ongoing flag for notifications
  • added variables for altitude, bearing and speed to action Init Variable Location (GPS)
  • added timeout to condition Confirmation Dialog
  • added configurable timeout to conditions Proximity Sensor and Light Sensor
  • added option to only open the dialer without initializing the call in action Call Number
  • extended action Export Flows to also export widgets, name changed to Export Flows/Widgets
  • added option to trigger Incoming Call to trigger on missed/rejected calls only
  • added option to action Set Car UI Mode to launch the dock/home screen
  • added option to limit the time range in triggers Periodic Timer and Periodic Location Update
  • added option to use device account in action Mail with Gmail
  • added variable support to action Launch App
  • Action Init Variables File List now sorts files alphabetically (case insensitive)
  • added script function getBounds in action Control UI to find the position and size of a control element
  • added functions sendText, sendKey, setText, setSelection, selectAll to action Control UI to simulate keyboard actions without root (Automagic input method needs to be active)
  • updated root helper app to support new actions
  • added option to let device go to deep sleep when action Sleep is executing
  • added option to use the new geofence API provided by Google in trigger Location (might reduce battery consumption)
  • minor enhancements and bug fixes
* This function is not officially supported by Android and might not work on all devices.
** This function requires root access, is not officially supported by Android and might not work on all devices.

Download: Automagic.apk (updated 2013-08-12)

Unfortunately I don't have access to a CDMA network. I would highly appreciate it, if someone with a CDMA phone could test if trigger/condition Phone Cell CDMA work. Could someone post a screenshot of the dialog containing some collected cells (or send by mail to info@automagic4android.com)?

Regards,
Martin

pat2net

Re: EAP version 1.18.dev

Post by pat2net » 30 Jun 2013 10:35

Try it and i didn't loose any flows.

I try the new condition bluetooth device connected and it work to disable the bluetooth if there is no connection in one simple flow I already delete my 3 flows i made to do the same thing.

The brightness ajustment is more efficient (faster for my old device)

The incoming call state ended trigger work well. also.

There is many fonction i can't try since i'm running on 2.3 Android.

Good work!

pilusona

Post by pilusona » 02 Jul 2013 04:57

Hi Martin,

I have downloaded the version 1.18. My all previous flows are working well :-)

But I want to use the action "Take Picture", but it is not what I have expected. I am using Gingerbread(2.3.6), so it is showing the preview screen (that is Ok at the moment) but it is not taking any picture. Should I take it using other events (like, input keyevent ..) and then back key event? Also I am not getting any option for camera selection (probably it is under dev :-)). Can you please check ? May be I am missing something.

Thanks.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Android 9.
Non-rooted

Martin

Post by Martin » 02 Jul 2013 17:21

Hi,

Taking a picture using the option "Camera App" is meant for cases where the user can interact with the device and wants to manually aim and manually take the picture. This option also has the advantage that you can use all features of the built in camera app (like 3D photos available on some devices).

I only have the time to implement the action "Take Picture" with option "No user interface" for devices running on Android 4+. The API available on Android 2 is buggy/not well supported and would lead to many more support requests, so it was decided that this feature will only be available for devices running Android 4+.
The Automagic user base using Android versions 2.2 - 2.3.6 is declining and is already below 8%, more than 92% of the Automagic users are already using Android 4 or higher.

Regards,
Martin

Martin

Post by Martin » 03 Jul 2013 16:00

Hi,

Updated the EAP version with some minor changes:
  • fixes saving/restoring of weekdays in triggers Periodic Timer, Periodic Timer Inexact and Periodic Location Update
  • better error handling when TTS service dies
  • adjusted default zoom level for devices with xxhdpi screens like S4, HTC One
  • show reboot message when device requires a restart after updating root helper app
  • fix loading of trigger/condition Local Calendar Event
Download: Automagic.apk

Regards,
Martin

bobchernow

Post by bobchernow » 05 Jul 2013 14:27

I have been trying to track down some strangeness with the wap builds. It seems as though am is going unresponsive and unloading even though it still says it is loaded. It restarts at least 6 times a day and when I see my widgets are not responding and I try to start the am app it loads and is frozen, eventually telling me to kill it or wait. Waiting does nothing, killing it recovers. I logging am start times and can see the flows loads in the log. I have am set to show icon in notification bar to prevent unloads. If you want I can send detailed logs along with the start times.

Martin

Post by Martin » 06 Jul 2013 12:52

Hi,

Yes, please send a log to info@automagic4android.com and also include the flows or even better enable "Log to SD card" and send all the files in /scdard/Automagic to me.
Do you get an 'application is not responding' dialog? If yes, please use the report button so I can see where the app is locking up.
Did you already reboot the device once? Did you create new flows/widgets before this started to occur?

Thanks
Martin

Martin

Post by Martin » 06 Jul 2013 17:37

Hi,

Updated the EAP version with some minor changes:
  • improved names of unknown location providers
  • added condition WiFi Access Point Enabled to check whether the WiFi configuration of a particular AP is enabled and the system can attempt to connect to this AP
  • hopefully fixed a crash when the flow editing activity is restarted
This build is considered feature complete for the next Google Play release. I will concentrate on testing in the next few weeks.

Download: Automagic.apk

Regards,
Martin

pat2net

Post by pat2net » 20 Jul 2013 13:26

When the screen brightness change the screen blink. I was playing a game and the screen brightness change in the middle of the game ( because of a flow) and the screen blink.

pilusona

Post by pilusona » 23 Jul 2013 10:40

Hi Martin,

I want to use split() function to make a list from a comma (,) separated string and set the list as "List Values" in the input dialog. All the items look ok except the first and the last entries as they are taking as "[E1" and "En]". I don't know why the "[" and "]" characters are comming in the first and the last element. Can you please check?

Thanks,
Samsung Galaxy Note 8
Android 9.
Non-rooted