Notifications on Screen - Variables Option

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

JC.INTERNET.STUFF

Notifications on Screen - Variables Option

Post by JC.INTERNET.STUFF » 20 Aug 2020 00:50

Hi,

Would it be possible to add the "Variables" button so there is an option to select and paste any variables names within the list?

Typing out {variable1}, {variable2}, {variable3}, etc, can become laborious at time.

Please advise.,

Thanks.

Julian

Desmanto

Re: Notifications on Screen - Variables Option

Post by Desmanto » 20 Aug 2020 07:48

At any element editing, tap 3 dot menu (top right) > Select Variable. Tap any variable exist until that point of execution to copy the variable name to the clipboard. You can then paste it anywhere. In case of script/expression type element, variable names are copied without curly braces (as this is the way it is used in those element). For non script type element, you get the curly braces.

But this is limited to the non map/list variable. If you use nested map/list, you still have to type manually the index or the key. Hence it is better to keep all variable names short but still easily distinguishable. Example : instead of variable1, use var1, or even v1.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

JC.INTERNET.STUFF

Post by JC.INTERNET.STUFF » 20 Aug 2020 09:09

Hi, I see the 3 dot variable option in to the clipboard but it is not the same.

Wouldnt it be easy to simply add he same "Variables" button as in other triggers?

Julian

JC.INTERNET.STUFF

Post by JC.INTERNET.STUFF » 21 Aug 2020 00:33

Hi,

I just realised Automagic is been discontinued!

I guess ignore this request.

Julian