Bug? - Send SMS action asks whether to save changes if none are made

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

vertigo

Bug? - Send SMS action asks whether to save changes if none are made

Post by vertigo » 21 May 2020 04:21

Title says it all. Create a "Send SMS" action, save it, then edit it but don't change anything and press back, and it'll ask if you want to save or discard changes.

Martin

Re: Bug? - Send SMS action asks whether to save changes if none are made

Post by Martin » 23 May 2020 19:42

This does not happen for me.
Did you change the language of the device or anything else that might change the default name of the action?

Regards,
Martin

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 23 May 2020 19:48

I don't have this problem. Press back exit the action normally without prompt.

This might be a common "semi bug", caused by the element names. I usually encounter this when importing flow from the forum, where the element name is in russian or german. When pressing back at any of those elements, it will prompt me to save/discard. It only happen on the flow with the default name. So this might be a UI translation problem. Example : Start Activity, in German is Activity starten. When pressing back at that element with default name, it will prompt to save.

The solution is to save once, then the default name will changed to the current language you use. Next open, there won't be a prompt anymore on pressing back.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

vertigo

Post by vertigo » 26 May 2020 10:39

Didn't change language settings. Also, it did it on two different phones. Saving once does "fix" it so it doesn't ask anymore; however, I tried some things and found what triggers it. Any time I change either field in the SMS sending limit option then save the action, when I reopen it and try to back out again, it asks if I want to save changes. If I say yes, it's "fixed" again, until I change that option again. So the problem definitely has to do with that, and I wonder if you guys can replicate it by doing that.

Martin

Post by Martin » 01 Jun 2020 19:52

Good catch! I was able to reproduce the problem. The action does not properly update the default name when the limit is the last changed setting within the action. The next time you edit the action it updates the default name properly and recognizes that something changed (even it's just the name) and then asks to save.
This problem will be fixed in the next build.

Thanks for reporting!

Regards,
Martin