Automagic and AutoApps Plugins

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

newturn

Automagic and AutoApps Plugins

Post by newturn » 28 Apr 2020 09:15

hi there,

does any one else have the issue that no auto app plugin which uses the new plugin-interface works in automagic?

I don't receive any of the events in automagic only in tasker.

I have a Marshmallow android 6.0.1 device. Before some versions it worked as intented.

thx & best regards

Desmanto

Re: Automagic and AutoApps Plugins

Post by Desmanto » 28 Apr 2020 14:20

Which auto plugin that doesn't work? The last time I try (months ago), each should be working fine. Plugin Trigger in Automagic are splitted to 2 types, Plugin and Plugin Event. Try both to see which provide the data. Try also Action Plugin.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

newturn

Post by newturn » 29 Apr 2020 11:19

hi desmanto,

thank you for your answer :)

None of the current autoapps (autoapps commands/autoremote/join/autonotification/autowear) work for me.

Even in both event/state types they don't work. Currently i have to forward the messages from tasker to automagic which slows every thing a little down and was a big effort to implement.

I would like to use the new plugin-architectur from joao because it's faster and more reliable.

Do you use any of them?

Thank you again for your answer.

anuraag

Post by anuraag » 29 Apr 2020 14:10

You need to uninstall tasker.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 29 Apr 2020 15:03

@newturn : I have ditched all auto apps since I use Automagic 2,5 years ago. Most of them can be implemented built-in with only a few feature missing. In my case, I don't have any missing feature.

As anuraag pointed out, you may need to uninstall tasker, as it may consume all the intent from auto apps. Since Tasker dev and auto apps are now the same, he may have create a higher priority for tasker when passing data/intent from the auto apps series.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

newturn

Post by newturn » 29 Apr 2020 20:08

Thank you both. Is it enough to uninstall tasker and reinstall automagic so that it receives the intents/services and afterwards to reinstall tasker??

I like to use automagic as my daily driver but i need Tasker installed, since Tasker is really good at creating contexts/states and short action on the go. For automagic i need always a physical keyboard and mouse and notepad++ :)

Also i have some apps which pass their information soley to Tasker, like Pebble TaskWatch for example.

So i need both apps but would like to consume the plugins with automagic.

@Desmanto

I also use autoremote and join and haven't found that automagic on it own can accomplish all i need. I am currently reorganizing my whole automagic flows and trying to get rid of all unneccessary. I have currently over 300 flows :roll:

anuraag

Post by anuraag » 29 Apr 2020 23:27

No you need to remove tasker completely. When you re-install tasker then Automagic will again stop receive AutoApps events.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 30 Apr 2020 18:01

@newturn : When I still use tasker I hardly can create any task longer than 30 actions. The row style limits the overview of the whole task. While in Automagic, I am still OK combining multiple modules (which are multiple tasks in Tasker) into single giant flow. (example, for my last flow sharing : COVID-19 Tracker 2.0). For single purpose flow, I usually can create it within less than 15 minutes, sometimes less than 2 minutes. But I usually improve it later or combine it into the bigger flow.

For Pebble TaskWatch, try to use Autoapp for pebble, as eldron stated here : http://www.automagic4android.com/forum/ ... php?t=5974
Of course you stil have to remove tasker.

For autoremote and join, what are the functions do you need?
I tends to reuse whatever already at my phone to reduce apps count.
- To exchange message, remote control or some small files between android devices in local network (wifi), no app required. Use Trigger HTTP request and action HTTP request. Trigger HTTP request works similar to Auto remote wifi server, but it has much more function and behave just like web server (but don't use it as backbone webserver)
See this thread for similar ideas : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8601

- To exchange message/files across internet, you can upload to gdrive, then send the link via Whatsapp/telegram to the other devices, so it can download the link and process the file there. Whatsapp/telegram is encrypted end-to-end (although some backdoor may be there), but generally safer option for now. You can still encrypt the chat again before sending it. It is possible to use Whatsapp/telegram alone without gdrive, but require more action.

- For multiple file hosting, you need another app, MiXplorer. It support copy/move files from local to file hosting via intent broadcast. It also support SMB share. The free version at xda is enough, or you can buy the silver version to support the dev. This is my main file manager, one of my main apps along with Automagic, hence I definitely install it even if I don't use it in Automagic.

- To exchange message to Windows PC, you can use Eventghost as the web server. Use pythong script to do http request to Automagic HTTP request. Or vice versa, action HTTP request to eventghost web server. I can sync clipboard, open url, execute program at windows from Phone. AFAIR, autoremote also use its own plugin in eventghost. I actually mimic the pattern it uses and modify to suit my need.

- To exchange file, while it is possible to use HTTP and upload the file, I prefer to use MiXplorer to access the SMB share. I can copy from-to. If you use FTP instead, no additional app needed, as Automagic support FTP.

- Additional, if you need mirroring, and maybe haven't use it, try scrcpy. https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy
This is unrelated to Autoremote/join, but maybe you use that because of mirroring. I create helper flow to maximize the feature of the mirroring. Example, the last cool feature (as my friend were very impressed) is I can drag drop image from PC into a scrcpy mirroring showing Whatsapp chat/group, and it immediately send the image to that chat/group. I develop my COVID-19 mostly on scrcpy mirroring

If you have 300 flows already, I think you should take time try to combine and reconsolidate them. During my first 100 flows, I found out a lot of them are one trick pony flow. So I combine them into single one using multiple parallel expression. This helps to reduce flows count and group multiple ideas into single container.

In the end, if you still prefer using auto apps plugins, you have to choose then to recreate most of your tasker task/profile in Automagic. Recreating the flow is PITA, can't argue. But after switching, I never consider tasker anymore, other than testing new feature.