Option for 'new' when adding blocks

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

jassing

Option for 'new' when adding blocks

Post by jassing » 23 Dec 2019 03:42

I rarely reuse blocks, if I do, I usually copy them...
So when adding a block, it'd be nice if there was an option to default to new...

Along this line, when switching from reuse to new, be nice if the search criteria is saved between the two.

Desmanto

Re: Option for 'new' when adding blocks

Post by Desmanto » 23 Dec 2019 06:12

Same here, I always create new one. And the existing ones always slowdown my control UI when creating my favourite element. Wish there is option to tick and the trigger/action/condition always default to element type choice directly. Then the previous 5 used element will be cached on the top, for faster access.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

jassing

Post by jassing » 23 Dec 2019 11:03

Agreed... It was merely an annoyance. It is the slowdown that frustrating..

Hit

Post by Hit » 20 Jan 2020 23:50

Hello, I found a way to solve this in future update. When we select to create new block, in the "Add window", instead of 1 column, 4 rows, developer can add more 1 column like this (2 columns | 3 rows):

Add..._______________<This⇩⇩⇩⇩⇩>

Action_______________New: Action

Condition____________New: Condition

Note_________________Template

jassing

Post by jassing » 21 Jan 2020 11:55

I have neither an idea of what you are talking about, nor how it applies to my request.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 22 Jan 2020 01:04

@Hit : That is better idea. So we don't override other users' preference and create new ones for the users who need it (like us). The new action and new condition doesn't necessary to be in the second column, it can be just put under.
Condition
New Condition
Note
Templates

I am fine with both layout. Of course the column is better, since it fills the blank space first.

@jassing : To illustrate the idea better, this is the screenshot.
New Action.png
New Action.png (174.04 KiB) Viewed 24670 times
There will be two new choices, "New Action" and "New Condition". Press "Action" will bring us to the same current style select An Action. While pressing "New Action" will bring directly to create new action, without going thru the Select An Action. So no loading involved, better user experience for those who don't reuse elements.

Other things I want to add is the new trigger too.
New Trigger.png
New Trigger.png (31.18 KiB) Viewed 24670 times
As we can see, trigger block has blank right panel. This can be used to directly create new trigger. We don't need delete trigger, since we delete trigger by unselecting them in the penta lines icon (top).

I think this should be considered as minor layout change. I wonder if this can be implemented ASAP. This addition will certainly speed up a lot of my flow creation.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 19 Apr 2020 16:03

@Hit : I actually have made similar one already. viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7253
I never shared it though, because I think it will be implemented soon as built-in feature.

At that old flow I use widget, and the widget has latency. Later I have changed phone to RN5 and ROM to RR, which has feature DUI Smartbar DUI. I dedicate one of the button for this favourite element, hence no widget needed anymore.
Favourite Element.png
Favourite Element.png (128.66 KiB) Viewed 20656 times
Once pressed, it will prompt me with selection of my favourite elements. If I tap "script", the dialog will be closed. Within 3 seconds, I should drag or tap at one of the element + sign (to add new element). Control UI will handle everything, clicking the action > new > find "script" and tap the script. This makes creating element much faster.

However, lately as my flows get more and more, the actions are now too many for my phones. During the transition from Action > new, there is a noticeable loading, mroe than 1 second. This is caused by loading all previous elements. I know this is the case, because at condition, there is no this delay. (I got ~2400 actions and ~1300 conditions). Not to mention most script have default name and they are quite long, this maybe contribute to the loading time too.

Since I rarely reuse elements, that's why I request to add "New Action" and "New Condition", so we can bypass loading previous elements. It also makes the Control UI run faster when there are a lot of elements already.