automate Galaxy watch active 2

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

tsolignani

automate Galaxy watch active 2

Post by tsolignani » 13 Jan 2020 16:00

Good afternoon everyone.

Anyone ever managed to automate such a smartwatch with Tizen OS from Samsung?

I know there is a rather old app, TaskS2, but what I really would like to do is launch automagic flows pressing one, twice o thrice one of the two hardware buttons.

This is what I actually do with my Amazfit Bip, using a plugin provided by amaztools, an handling app.

How do I know if I can make it run an automagic flow with some pression of some button?

I am trying the watch and shouldn't be possible to use it for automation I would sell or return it and stick with the BIP.

Thank you.

Desmanto

Re: automate Galaxy watch active 2

Post by Desmanto » 14 Jan 2020 17:28

TaskS2 seems to be your only option. This app seems to act similar to shortcut (android wear) in WearOS Automagic companion app. So it can only be selected from menu, but not from button. This is also one of the reason why I choose WearOS despite its not so good battery life.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

tsolignani

Post by tsolignani » 15 Jan 2020 15:38

Thank you.

So, I would have to install tasker and make it communicate with automagic.

And I could not use the hardware buttons on the watch...

I guess I'm returning it and sticking with amazfit bip.

Do you know if there is a Wear OS watch where you can programmatically (say 1 press, 2 press) use its hardware buttons?

Thank you.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 16 Jan 2020 17:00

No, most tasker plugin will work with Automagic, so tasker is not needed.

My current ticwatch only have one button, to wake the watch, go to home menu or cancel. So it doesn't support for button trigger. But I read somewhere that some watch (maybe fossil series) that has 2 or more buttons, one of them can be redirected to send volume up/down. You can catch this event at the phone and act on it. If you can have single press trigger already, then you can scale the trigger to multiple press using my concept : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7830
Or as Yam's flow here : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8505

But if you are fine with touchscreen shortcut, not buttons; then we have variety of choices to do it. You can trigger shortcut from the watch. Or like what I have done, I extend the shortcut to show a widget to have multiple choices : https://forum.xda-developers.com/wear-o ... c-t3956264
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

tsolignani

Post by tsolignani » 17 Jan 2020 10:16

Desmanto wrote:
16 Jan 2020 17:00
No, most tasker plugin will work with Automagic, so tasker is not needed.
I installed TaskS2 but I do not see any plugin of it inside automagic (where I see every other app which sports a tasker plugin).

I guess I have to get through tasker, to get to automagic, but that's not worth.

tsolignani

Post by tsolignani » 17 Jan 2020 10:35

Desmanto wrote:
My current ticwatch only have one button, to wake the watch, go to home menu or cancel. So it doesn't support for button trigger.
I have a Amazfit Bip, which sports just one button, and with Amazfit tools app I can perform many automation, with 1, 2, 3 or even more button's presses. I also perform different task depending on my localization, if I am at the gym pushing once starts a timer, if i am elsewhere pause music. I love buttons, they are much more handy than a touch screen, you can use it with gloves or under the shower. I am evaluating the new Trex, which sports 4 buttons, that way with 3 or 4 diffferent presses each I could launc up until 16 flows...

tsolignani

Post by tsolignani » 17 Jan 2020 10:37

Desmanto wrote:
If you can have single press trigger already, then you can scale the trigger to multiple press using my concept : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7830
Or as Yam's flow here : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8505

But if you are fine with touchscreen shortcut, not buttons; then we have variety of choices to do it. You can trigger shortcut from the watch. Or like what I have done, I extend the shortcut to show a widget to have multiple choices : https://forum.xda-developers.com/wear-o ... c-t3956264
With Amazfit tools I don't need you concept to spot between press numbers, still it is very interesting for mobile phone hardware buttons. Thank you.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 19 Jan 2020 18:05

I don't have the watch to try. But maybe you need to find it in the trigger - plugin, or maybe action - plugin. Or maybe that app works by sending intent. If that so, you can use General broadcast to catch the intent.

I agree with the hardware button. This way we can secretly activate some flow when needed. Using my method, it requires the screen to be on and consciously select from the widget menu. This is too obvious in some situation.

Gen

Post by Gen » 19 Jun 2020 10:26

I recently got a Samsung Galaxy Watch and found a bit of a workaround to trigger flows from your Tizen watch that doesn't require TaskS2 or tasker or any other third party app. From the reviews I read, TaskS2 isn't very reliable.

The workaround is simple - create a contact with a fake number (and a meaningful name for the flow e.g. "Flashlight on") on your phone then create a flow with trigger "outgoing call" to that number followed by action "end call" and another branch with whatever flow you want to execute. You can also create a third branch to remove the call from your call history.

You can then create however many widgets you want on the watch using "contacts" and simply call the contact from your watch when you want to execute the flow. The call will immediately end and execute your flow. You can also use the action "Notification on statusbar" to push a notification to your watch on whether the flow was executed or whatever else.

On the Samsung Galaxy Watch you can also set the double press home button shortcut to "Phone" for quicker access. I'd imagine there is also some app you can install on the watch to set the shortcut to call a contact directly. Haven't checked though.

It works surprisingly quickly as well.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 05 Jul 2020 16:52

Wow, don't know you can create such a workaround. I guess the limit is our imagination. :D Thanks for sharing the method. This method might work in other type of watch too.