Possible block/remove notifications from Android System "...displaying over other apps"?

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

cadudesun

Possible block/remove notifications from Android System "...displaying over other apps"?

Post by cadudesun » 11 Aug 2019 14:04

Hi,

I'd appreciate your help.

I'm trying to use Automagic to block/remove annoying notifications from Xiaomi's Android System "...displaying over other apps". Although in raw Android you can disable it, in Xiaomi's implementation these notifications are unremovable by default.

I implemented the following workflow in Automagic, however without success since the notifications aren't removed: http://bit.ly/2yRt0Sv

=> Is there any way to block/remove the notification "...displaying over other apps"?

Just as a reference, I found this thread explaining the issue of unremovable "...displaying over other apps" in Xiaomi's Android: http://en.miui.com/thread-2211479-2-1.html
In the thread, it was recommended to use the app AutoNotification to do the job. I did test the app and it worked, but I'd appreciate implementing the solution through Automagic.

Thank you very much!
Cadu

Desmanto

Re: Possible block/remove notifications from Android System "...displaying over other apps"?

Post by Desmanto » 11 Aug 2019 14:32

I also use MIUI in the past. AFAIR, that notification can be hidden. You can't remove it, since it is ongoing notification.

If new MIUI version doesn't allow to remove it or maybe buggy, you can simply use action Snooze Notification on Statusbar. Automagic already support this since the very first time android Oreo implement it. The trigger must be Notification on statusbar displayed, as you have used.

For duration just use any big number, let say 365d (snooze for 1 year), should be more than enough.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

cadudesun

Re: Possible block/remove notifications from Android System "...displaying over other apps"?

Post by cadudesun » 13 Aug 2019 15:30

Many thanks for the reply @Desmanto

I implement your suggestion regarding the workflow "Notification on Status Bar Displayed" => "Snooze Notification on Status Bar".

However, Automagic shows an error when executing the workflow: "Error: No notification available. Ensure that the flow is executed by a trigger 'Notification on Statusbar Displayed'".

As shown in this screenshot below, the flow is really executed by the recommended trigger, as well as the Automagic permissions are set properly.

What could be going wrong?
Automagic Snooze_2019-08-11.png
Automagic Snooze_2019-08-11.png (867.53 KiB) Viewed 11317 times

anuraag

Post by anuraag » 13 Aug 2019 23:43

packageName is empty. So set it first in trigger.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 17 Aug 2019 16:36

As anuraag pointed out, try to make sure to fill the packagename. Usually it is android, or android.system (depends on the device). Make sure also the text is exactly as the notification text. You can put a debug dialog and purposely trigger the notification to get the exact value.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.