Phone and car connections help plz.

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

Aspl2000

Phone and car connections help plz.

Post by Aspl2000 » 30 Jul 2019 15:44

Hello guys,

Can you guys help me to create a flow please,

Basically, I would like my phone to be disconnected from my amazfit bip watch when it's connected to my car BT and then my phone connecting back to my watch when it isn't connected to my car BT

Martin

Re: Phone and car connections help plz.

Post by Martin » 30 Jul 2019 19:57

Hi,

Please check if the watch can be disconnected using action Connect/Disconnect Bluetooth Device. Only possibility would be to use action Control UI to disconnect the watch in the regular user interface if the other action does not work.
Detecting the car bluetooth connection should be possible using trigger Bluetooth Device Connected/Disconnected.

Regards,
Martin

Aspl2000

Post by Aspl2000 » 06 Aug 2019 01:58

Hello Martin,

How would I go about creating a flow to disconnect with my watch please?

Thanks

Aspl2000

Post by Aspl2000 » 06 Aug 2019 02:36

Martin wrote:
30 Jul 2019 19:57
Hi,

Please check if the watch can be disconnected using action Connect/Disconnect Bluetooth Device. Only possibility would be to use action Control UI to disconnect the watch in the regular user interface if the other action does not work.
Detecting the car bluetooth connection should be possible using trigger Bluetooth Device Connected/Disconnected.

Regards,
Martin
Hello Martin,

I have tried to disconnect my phone to my watch using Connect/Disconnect Bluetooth device it doesn't work can you help please buddy.

Thanks

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 06 Aug 2019 10:34

You have to use Control UI for this case, at your usual bluetooth setting to set connect/disconnect. As currently, there is no method to connect/disconnect bluetooth watch/wearOS devices.

BTW, why do you want to disconnect when connecting to car BT? Is it because the notification/call? You can try to disconnect the call bluetooth audio profile instead.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Aspl2000

Post by Aspl2000 » 07 Aug 2019 14:03

Desmanto wrote:
06 Aug 2019 10:34
You have to use Control UI for this case, at your usual bluetooth setting to set connect/disconnect. As currently, there is no method to connect/disconnect bluetooth watch/wearOS devices.

BTW, why do you want to disconnect when connecting to car BT? Is it because the notification/call? You can try to disconnect the call bluetooth audio profile instead.
Hello

Reason why I want to disconnect to my watch when I'm connected to my car BT is because if I'm connected to my watch and then I talk via my car BT it sounds like a bad reception and I can't hear the other people properly.

Thanks

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 07 Aug 2019 18:03

Oh, the watch connection cause interference to the car BT. I have no problem with my headset though even my watch is connected all the time. But when there is huge wifi transfer, the bluetooth will surely drop if it get caught in between the phone and the wifi router.

I don't know how the phone handle amazfit bip connection. At my ticwatch, to disconnect, I have to open WearOS app at the phone > 3 dot menu > Disconnect Ticwatch E. I can automate this using launch app Wear OS and the Control UI to tap the menu.

@Martin : It seems we need a new action/option to connect/disconnect android wear device.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Aspl2000

Post by Aspl2000 » 10 Aug 2019 22:54

Desmanto wrote:
07 Aug 2019 18:03
Oh, the watch connection cause interference to the car BT. I have no problem with my headset though even my watch is connected all the time. But when there is huge wifi transfer, the bluetooth will surely drop if it get caught in between the phone and the wifi router.

I don't know how the phone handle amazfit bip connection. At my ticwatch, to disconnect, I have to open WearOS app at the phone > 3 dot menu > Disconnect Ticwatch E. I can automate this using launch app Wear OS and the Control UI to tap the menu.

@Martin : It seems we need a new action/option to connect/disconnect android wear device.
The only way I seem to be able to connect and disconnect to my watch is by turning off my Bluetooth and even in I go into my Bluetooth settings it doesn't show my watch is connected and all I can see is unpaid. I need to dig deep to see what I can do and yes every time my watch and my car BT is connected it causes interference.

Thanks

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 11 Aug 2019 10:53

@Aspl2000 : It seems can't be helped. I can't find any action/method to disconnect the bluetooth connection for non WearOS devices. Maybe someone can have alternative solution in java method to disconnect it manually.

Aspl2000

Post by Aspl2000 » 12 Aug 2019 23:52

Desmanto wrote:
11 Aug 2019 10:53
@Aspl2000 : It seems can't be helped. I can't find any action/method to disconnect the bluetooth connection for non WearOS devices. Maybe someone can have alternative solution in java method to disconnect it manually.
Thanks for trying Desmanto very much appreciated buddy.