answer incoming call with fingerprint sensor

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

heliosone

answer incoming call with fingerprint sensor

Post by heliosone » 05 May 2019 04:40

When a call comes in (rings),I would like to answer by touching the fingerprint sensor.
Sadly my attempts to do this failed.
I tried :

Trigger : User Present => Condition : call_ringing => TRUE=> answer call

Sadly the fingerprint sensor doesnt do anything (not even vibrate,nor unlock the screen) when I touch it while a call waits to be answered.
The only way to answer is to swipe the green icon upwards.
After that I can unlock/...

I also have to note that on my miMax3 the fingerprint_gesture trigger doesnt work at all.

any(one) ideas ?

Desmanto

Re: answer incoming call with fingerprint sensor

Post by Desmanto » 05 May 2019 15:58

That won't work, as when there is incoming call, the phone still in locked condition (for most phone). Btw, can the action answer call works separately? (Using other triggger, example incoming call, for auto answer).

If the action answer call works, you only need to trigger it in fingerprint. My RN5 also doesn't trigger with fingerprint gesture. But using root with trigger command output - logcat, i can filter out the event of the fingerprint. But the problem is the finger is not authenticated, so any finger will trigger the flow. This is sufficient anyway in my usage case, for secret camera shutter.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

heliosone

Post by heliosone » 06 May 2019 08:18

I just tried the answer call action,and it works.

but please let me know how to read a fingerprint action from the log !!!
I dont care about authentication,but its really usefull to use the fingerprint sensor instead of swiping up when the phone rings !

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 06 May 2019 15:17

If answer call works, that's good. We can detect the fingerprint as long as we have root.

I will tidy up my flow and share it when I am back at PC. I will try include how to find the correct log for different device.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

heliosone

Post by heliosone » 08 May 2019 13:18

hi!

big THANKS for your ideas/help so far.

As I was waiting,I experimented and went through the log file,and I found a fitting line ,that only occurs when you lift put your finger on the sensor.
I just searched for the finger print apk name in the logfile (the process even has a fingerprint in its icon ,that helped :) )
command output / logcat -c;logcat -v time *:D
root
text contains :
"keyCode:23 down:true"

works on a mimax 3

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 08 May 2019 18:35

Yes, I use the same command output. Just remember to enable the flow when needed, as you don't want the command to run all the time or when you mis-touch your fingerprint sensor.

heliosone

Post by heliosone » 09 May 2019 08:56

hi!
yeah good idea,I will use one of my precious tiles to enable/disable the flow :)

update:
I discovered,that I have to tap the fingerprint sensor 2 times to answer a call.
the first tap unlocks,and the second triggers the flow.