Android App Shortcuts

Post your feature requets for new triggers, conditions, actions and other improvements.

Moderator: Martin

Desmanto

Re: Android App Shortcuts

Post by Desmanto » 11 Mar 2019 14:14

Currently, Automagic doesn't support static, dynamic, pinned shortcut at the icon from launcher. This is a good request. But I don't see the direct usage of it. Changing the dynamic or pinned shortcut would require another action. I would better create it directly using script + input dialog - single choice menu. Much more flexible.

You can run automagic flow from shortcut, by adding trigger Shortcut to the flow you want to run. You can try to add shortcut/widget at your homescreen, choose AM Shortcut (as pointed out by anuraag). The flows which have Trigger Shortcut will be available here to use.

However, it seems bixby only allow launch app and this pinned shortcut, which are very limited. If you can find a way to use common android shortcut from bixby, you can use the shortcut trigger from automagic. Or maybe bixby action support broadcast intent, you can use trigger general broadcast.

To run multiple flows at once, you can create an additional flow, Trigger shortcut. Then at that flow, simply add one action, Execute flows, choose all the flows you want to execute at once. Use this shortcut in bixby. All executed flow don't need to have the Trigger shortcut in the flow.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

mathieson

Post by mathieson » 11 Mar 2019 14:17

The only app shortcuts that work are the ones that appear in the context menu as pictured in the screenshots above. I know AM can build shortcuts but these are not app shortcuts.
https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/shortcuts

Regards,
Sam.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 11 Mar 2019 14:25

As I have thought before, bixby action is limited. This will be a proper request then. Since tasker already support it already. Martin has been busy with call/sms restriction previously. But today is 11th March 2019 already, Automagic still stay on Playstore. I assume it is at least exempted already, with minor removal in function.

For current workaround, use Martin's broadcast sender app. You can set 1 shortcut only (but better than none).
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

mathieson

Post by mathieson » 11 Mar 2019 14:27

Thanks. That is exactly what I am doing now.

Regards,
Sam.

moonspeak

Post by moonspeak » 28 Mar 2019 21:24

It really is ridiculous that Google literally created two features in Android named "Shortcut" and has not seen any need to rename or differentiate the two. A perfect example of Google being Google.

Sorry I have no input on how to help. But I wish for this exact same feature. On OnePlus devices, the quick gestures (gestures you draw while the screen is off) are the exact same way: can only launch an app or one of these kind of shortcuts. The other kind of shortcuts that AM supports are excluded.

It would be fantastic if AM supported these types of shortcuts as a trigger like the existing AM Shortcut trigger.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 30 Mar 2019 02:06

Yeah, somehow they just redefine things and make it different protocol. Currently Automagic doesn't support it. Some shortcut can be as seen in sesame shortcut. If this is going to be implemented, I would like Automagic itself has the shortcut itselft and able to access other app shortcut too. I just realize that GCam has the shortcut to the night sight, but only can be accessed with the new shortcut method. Try with build shortcut, can't find it. Have to fall back to Control UI, but require extra steps.