lock screen custom text

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

tofos

lock screen custom text

Post by tofos » 29 Nov 2018 21:05

Hello everyone!

Quick question. Is there a way to set custom lock screen text using automagic? I can't find it anywhere in Actions or... google ;)

Thanks in advance!

Desmanto

Re: lock screen custom text

Post by Desmanto » 09 Dec 2018 18:17

Can you show me the example what you want to achieve? It seems this varies depends on the phone and ROM, not all devices will have the same solution. I am thinking about using set system setting, but I don't know if every device will react to that action. You have to tell your device, model number, android version and ROM version.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

tofos

Post by tofos » 09 Dec 2018 18:31

On the screenshot linked below there's a text 'Tralala' which I've set manually in system settings. I would like Automagic to set it for me. I have Samsung Galaxy S8, model SM-G950F with Android 8.0.0 and Samsung Experience 9.0, baseband G950FXXU4CRI1.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/tdQNGYbaCNwUkMF57

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 10 Dec 2018 05:21

I have tried to find the key in the secure setting, either at the global, secure, system; including the LineageOS version. None of them store the value. It turns out to be stored at another db, /data/system/locksettings.db > lock_screen_owner_info. You need root to access this. You can change the value using sqlite3 command, but I have tried in RR 6.2.0 Oreo 8.1, and the changes made didn't reflected by the system. Your phone probably will face the same problem. So there must some (unofficial) API to change the value (without root).

Meanwhile, you can use additional app, securetask plugin, screen lock info. You need to grant write secure permission to the plugin. I think this can be added as request feature in the next version.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

tofos

Post by tofos » 10 Dec 2018 12:18

Thanks!
Just to be sure, to use securetask plugin i need Tasker, right?

I'll add a request for this feature.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 10 Dec 2018 17:11

No, Automagic can utilize most tasker plugin with almost no error. Just use action plugin.
But of course, we can still request it to be as built-in feature. (as you have created the request)

Pepy

Post by Pepy » 13 Jun 2019 06:47

Desmanto wrote:
10 Dec 2018 05:21
I have tried to find the key in the secure setting, either at the global, secure, system; including the LineageOS version. None of them store the value. It turns out to be stored at another db, /data/system/locksettings.db > lock_screen_owner_info. You need root to access this. You can change the value using sqlite3 command, but I have tried in RR 6.2.0 Oreo 8.1, and the changes made didn't reflected by the system. Your phone probably will face the same problem. So there must some (unofficial) API to change the value (without root).

Meanwhile, you can use additional app, securetask plugin, screen lock info. You need to grant write secure permission to the plugin. I think this can be added as request feature in the next version.
Back on OxygenOS, I remember seeing a Secure setting that stored the lock screen message currently set. I didn't try changing it or if I did, couldn't remember whether or not it changed the actual message.

Also, I was thinking of changing the value using SQL commands as well. I'll give it a try and see for myself if it works or not soon.
Hope my post was helpful :D
Device: OnePlus 5T running crDroid, rooted with Magisk 8-)