Desperately need help with this problem.

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

robchoc

Re: Desperately need help with this problem.

Post by robchoc » 06 Oct 2018 20:33

I bit the bullet and downloaded the EAP version and got the capacitive keys turning on and off as I originally asked about, perfect.

The debug dialog is so useful, simple but effective.

The issue I seem to be having is with the widget, seems to be filling the screen even if it's designed as a small size.

Not sure what is going on with that.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 07 Oct 2018 12:46

You are going to use the debug dialog a lot. :) It is so helpful in testing and troubleshooting.

The widget size is not exactly what shown on screen. The size is controlled in the action Show widget, specify the width/height. You can have widget with 100x100, but show it with 400x400. Or vice versa, 1000x1000 but show it with 200x200. All elements inside widget will be scaled accordingly. This is helpful when design widget for multiple device resolution. You simply change the Show widget action, instead of the widget.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

robchoc

Post by robchoc » 07 Oct 2018 17:29

Fantastic, that was an easy fix.

I'm really liking how you design using flows, I can see exactly what is going on with my flows.

I'm running out of things to ask, which is great as I'm starting to understand the program more. :)

If I find anything else I'm stuck with I will definitely post and ask and not just give up.

I think going through tasker was a necessary journey for me to learn what can be done on our devices.
Thanks so much for all the help recently.