Set Wifi State not working in Android 8

Post your questions and help other users.

Moderator: Martin

Econdoc

Set Wifi State not working in Android 8

Post by Econdoc » 14 Apr 2018 23:24

I am using Oreo 8.1, LineageOS. Neither Set Wifi State On nor Set Wifi State Off works.

Desmanto

Re: Set Wifi State not working in Android 8

Post by Desmanto » 15 Apr 2018 08:12

Are you on airplane mode when using the action? Try to enable the location feature and try the action again. Maybe something similar here : viewtopic.php?f=5&t=6943&start=10#p20356
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Econdoc

Post by Econdoc » 15 Apr 2018 15:05

Location is on. What does location have to do with WiFi state?

I see the issue of Airplane mode. Have not figured out a work-around yet. Init Variable System settings (global) shows the settings, but does not allow changing them. How can one remove wifi from the airplane radio in order to change Wifi state?

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 15 Apr 2018 17:48

There is a limitation on newer Android, where it need location to be on before dealing with wifi or wifi scanning. So maybe that can help.

You need to use root or grant Automagic write secure permission using adb in PC, before you can use Set System Setting. You can remove the wifi from the airplane_mode_radios, so it won't turn off the wifi when you switch to airplane mode. The link above has the tutorial, or you can directly visit xda. To change the value, again you need adb or root or grant Automagic the write secure setting permission. If you are using LOS already, I believe you have rooted and grant it already. But as additional check, make sure Automagic is given full permission in the default android permission manager, including Modify system setting. Might be a good start to check every permission first, since you got so many things doesn't work properly.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Autumn-Leigh

Post by Autumn-Leigh » 18 Apr 2018 15:15

Econdoc wrote:I am using Oreo 8.1, LineageOS. Neither Set Wifi State On nor Set Wifi State Off works.
If this doesnt work, use Control UI but with wifi from my youtube video.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6898
YouTube Channel - https://youtu.be/fui3RO9EmNU
If anyone wants a shoutout, or has a flow they want me to do, be it theirs or a new one, let me know :)