Second YOUTUBE video has been uploaded guys!

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

Autumn-Leigh

Second YOUTUBE video has been uploaded guys!

Post by Autumn-Leigh » 23 Mar 2018 15:11

https://youtu.be/KX8JNexkTr8

Just about to upload short toogle and widget one :)
YouTube Channel - https://youtu.be/fui3RO9EmNU
If anyone wants a shoutout, or has a flow they want me to do, be it theirs or a new one, let me know :)

Desmanto

Re: Second YOUTUBE video has been uploaded guys!

Post by Desmanto » 23 Mar 2018 18:52

You have improved! The font is easier to read and the touch location also helps to know where you have clicked.

Dealing with old devices sometimes makes us headache. So, some need that extra hack, by setting the priority first before connecting.

For flow with multiple triggers, when you have two triggers which need to branch out individually, you have to make sure only one branch is executed per run. You can split them using expression, and check the trigger. You have that error when you first try it out. Probably it is because the second branch failed to execute. And if you don't put expression to ensure only single branch; you might encounter flow halting, when there is an element in the other branch which can halt the flow (input dialog, confirmation dialog, debug dialog, http request, speech output, etc). See : Confirmation dialog: halts other branches in the flow?
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Martin

Post by Martin » 23 Mar 2018 21:08

@Autumn-Leigh: Thank you very much for the great videos!
I've added a link to your channel in this post Links to other forums, communities, groups, youtube channels. Let me know if I should add a different link or a different description.

Regards,
Martin

Autumn-Leigh

Post by Autumn-Leigh » 23 Mar 2018 23:06

Thank you guys! I do listen to your feed back, so will continue to improve with both of your guidance :) tomorrow will be uploading the widget one and hopefully do display Sunday or Monday :)
If anyone wants a shoutout, or has a flow they want me to do, be it theirs or a new one, let me know :)

Autumn-Leigh

Post by Autumn-Leigh » 23 Mar 2018 23:08

Desmanto wrote:You have improved! The font is easier to read and the touch location also helps to know where you have clicked.

Dealing with old devices sometimes makes us headache. So, some need that extra hack, by setting the priority first before connecting.

For flow with multiple triggers, when you have two triggers which need to branch out individually, you have to make sure only one branch is executed per run. You can split them using expression, and check the trigger. You have that error when you first try it out. Probably it is because the second branch failed to execute. And if you don't put expression to ensure only single branch; you might encounter flow halting, when there is an element in the other branch which can halt the flow (input dialog, confirmation dialog, debug dialog, http request, speech output, etc). See : Confirmation dialog: halts other branches in the flow?
Can you explain a little more please? And prehaps shows a demo?

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 24 Mar 2018 02:03

Put the expression before them.

Code: Select all

trigger == "Bluetooth State: On"
and

trigger == "Bluetooth Device Connected: Your device name"
Change the trigger name exactly as you see in the trigger name. You can uncheck the Default name, and copy the text from there. I went as far as creating a flow to copy this whenever I uncheck-check the default name.

The example just like in my System Set Flow, from FEP & AES thread
I have multiple triggers, all are related but not necessary must be executed at the same time. The expression make sure only one branch can be executed at one time.

If you have only two triggers, you can actually use single expression only. But I always make it as a habit to put different expression for each branch. Since a flow can also executed manually, called from other flow, from widget click or notification tap.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Autumn-Leigh

Post by Autumn-Leigh » 24 Mar 2018 12:11

Desmanto wrote:Put the expression before them.

trigger == "Bluetooth State: On"
and

trigger == "Bluetooth Device Connected: Your device name"
Change the trigger name exactly as you see in the trigger name. You can uncheck the Default name, and copy the text from there. I went as far as creating a flow to copy this whenever I uncheck-check the default name.

The example just like in my System Set Flow, from FEP & AES thread
I have multiple triggers, all are related but not necessary must be executed at the same time. The expression make sure only one branch can be executed at one time.

If you have only two triggers, you can actually use single expression only. But I always make it as a habit to put different expression for each branch. Since a flow can also executed manually, called from other flow, from widget click or notification tap.
works like a charm!
Thank you, should I eventually do a updated YouTube video? and is it okay to do a shout out to you?

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 24 Mar 2018 14:09

No, just leave it as is. This will show how much you progress later as you make more video. After you've made more, then later you can arrange them into playlist, and only put the better explained/updated one into the list. But don't remove the video. There you can have much more videos than if you have removed it and replaced it.