Operations on individual blocks

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

akhileshg1988

Operations on individual blocks

Post by akhileshg1988 » 03 May 2017 07:50

Hey there!
Is it posssible to operate on (i.e. execute, delete, stop executing etc.) a particular block (of either condition or action) inside a flow?

Akhilesh Chandra Gairola

bogdyro

Re: Operations on individual blocks

Post by bogdyro » 03 May 2017 10:20

You can execute individual actions but it won't work if they are dependent on variables available from previous actions.
In each action screen,go to it's menu and click execute.
I think a feature that would allow to start a flow from a particular action onwards would be great. But apparently I'm the only one :)

akhileshg1988

Post by akhileshg1988 » 03 May 2017 11:26

bogdyro wrote:You can execute individual actions but it won't work if they are dependent on variables available from previous actions.
In each action screen,go to it's menu and click execute.
I am aware of executing individual actions using the 'Menu' --> 'Execute' option from the action screen but that is just for testing the action. I wanted something like Flow 1 could trigger just one block of either action or condition of some other flow, say Flow 2. I hope you get my point.
bogdyro wrote:I think a feature that would allow to start a flow from a particular action onwards would be great. But apparently I'm the only one :)
No, you might not be the only one for that. Such an implementation would be greatly useful and appreciated as well.

Thanks and regards
Akhilesh Chandra Gairola

bogdyro

Post by bogdyro » 03 May 2017 21:10

I am aware of executing individual actions using the 'Menu' --> 'Execute' option from the action screen but that is just for testing the action. I wanted something like Flow 1 could trigger just one block of either action or condition of some other flow, say Flow 2. I hope you get my point.

I don't get it...

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 23 Jul 2017 05:43

akhileshg1988 wrote:Hey there!
Is it posssible to operate on (i.e. execute, delete, stop executing etc.) a particular block (of either condition or action) inside a flow?

Akhilesh Chandra Gairola
It is easy in automagic, only need to delete connectors and reconnect directly to that particular block.

Example :
- You have 10 actions consecutively.
- You wanna to test only from action 5 to 8.
- Simply disconnect trigger from actions 1 and create new connection directly to actions 5.
- Delete the connector from actions 8 to 9.
There you have new logical flow only executing actions 5 to 8.

Of course the variable in actions 1 to 4 won't be included, so might need to set the expected variable manually first in seperate action : script.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.