Is there any way to create a pdf in automagic premium?

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

Indiboy

Is there any way to create a pdf in automagic premium?

Post by Indiboy » 19 Apr 2017 02:13

Yes. As the title says, is there any way?

Martin

Re: Is there any way to create a pdf in automagic premium?

Post by Martin » 19 Apr 2017 19:15

Hi,

Not that I'm ware of. You could try to use an online converter to convert something into a PDF.

Regards,
Martin

Indiboy

Post by Indiboy » 21 Apr 2017 01:52

I had created a script to make epubs in automagic for web novels.... But since epubs don't run on Kindle....i wanted to make pdf..... Looks like I'll have to use converters..

Thanks for replying

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 23 Jul 2017 09:54

Indiboy wrote:I had created a script to make epubs in automagic for web novels.... But since epubs don't run on Kindle....i wanted to make pdf..... Looks like I'll have to use converters..

Thanks for replying
How you wanna have the pdf created? I've search for quite a while, and it seems using chrome built-in PDF printer is the easiest one.

I tried to check how it was printed when shared from chrome. When we tap share, there is an option to print and save to PDF. But that option only appear if we tap the share button at Chrome, not from other app.
I check logcat, and found out it is com.android.chrome/org.chromium.chrome.browser.printing.PrintShareActivity
However, using Start Activity, I can't find it. It seems the activity/intent is protected and only can be triggered from Chrome.

So last resort would be using Control UI and tap the whole process of printing, and save it to /sdcard/download. It works, only need to wait for approx. 5 seconds to complete the flow.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Indiboy

Post by Indiboy » 28 Jul 2017 05:51

Thanks...
But this won't be able to save epub as pdf...