Phone Paired With SmartWatch and Car Issues

Share and discuss your flows and ideas with other users.

Moderator: Martin

spennymoor

Phone Paired With SmartWatch and Car Issues

Post by spennymoor » 09 Jan 2017 21:05

I have an Android Marshmallow phone, a car with bluetooth and a Samsung Gear S3 smart watch that is paired to my phone via Bluetooth.

Here is my issue:

When my watch is paired to my phone, my phone will connect to my car for Media Audio but not for Phone Audio as my watch is connected for Phone Audio and this seems to be given priority for phone audio.

If within the standard Bluetooth settings on my phone I unselect Phone Audio for my smart watch so that it is not used for this purpose then my phone will connect to my car for Phone Audio perfectly. However if I then get out of my car and want to use the microphone and speaker in my watch to make or answer a call I can’t as I have unselected Phone Audio to enable my car to work with phone audio.

I would like to automate my phone to have priority with my car for phone audio when I am in the car and also wearing my watch, however be able to use phone audio and reconnect with my watch when my phone disconnects from the car.

I have bought and tried this with Automagic but could not get this to work. I set up two simple flows. The first to disconnect from the smartwatch when connected to the car and the second to connect to the smartwatch when disconnected from the car but neither worked.

Some help with the correct flows for this would be appreciated.

Tordenfod

Re: Phone Paired With SmartWatch and Car Issues

Post by Tordenfod » 17 Jan 2017 20:54

Post Your flows and I'm shure the problem could be solved... It should be a simple task building a flow Triggered by your Bluetooth signature from your car .. and likewise to end it....

mikochu

Re: Phone Paired With SmartWatch and Car Issues

Post by mikochu » 25 Jan 2017 21:46

Thanks to a friend, I was introduced to Automagic after trying to get Bluetooth Auto Connect to do the job.

I have two Flows: SYNC Connect and SYNC Disconnect

SYNC Connect
Bluetooth Device Connected: SYNC > Connect/Disconnect Bluetooth Device: Disconnect Headset Gear S3 > Connect/Disconnect Bluetooth Device: Connect SYNC

...I then have it turn off WiFi, set Music stream to 15, and Broadcast STOP to prevent Google Play Music from playing, but I'm still testing those actions.

SYNC Disconnect
Bluetooth Device Disconnected: SYNC > Connect/Disconnect Bluetooth Device: Disconnect Headset SYNC > Connect/Disconnect Bluetooth Device: Connect Headset Gear S3

...then I have it toggle WiFi back on and set Music stream to 0.

So far, the connect/disconnect portion has been working flawlessly.