EAP version 1.36.0-dev

Forum to discuss everything related to the current development build of Automagic.

Moderator: Martin

Martin

Re: EAP version 1.36.0-dev

Post by Martin » 11 Jul 2018 19:57

I did not read the source how Android actually handles the accessibility events but this is what's documented:
The timeout after the most recent event of a given type before an AccessibilityService is notified.
Note: The event notification timeout is useful to avoid propagating events to the client too frequently since this is accomplished via an expensive interprocess call. One can think of the timeout as a criteria to determine when event generation has settled down.
A wait time of zero would mean that the system will dispatch all events immediately to Automagic which will likely slow down the entire system a bit since. Not sure if this is noticeable from a battery point of view.

The measured time on my main test device between starting settings and detecting settings is about 200-250ms. The time when the system notifies Automagic about the settings screen and invoking the script that measures the time is about 60ms so most of the measured time (on my device) seems to be between starting the settings activity and the system notifying Automagic about the new foreground app (about 160ms). I don't see much space to improve this at the moment.

regissg

Post by regissg » 09 Aug 2018 09:28

Hello, I am trying to use the new hardware Key Event Trigger.

I have created a "kiosk mode" flow to block the home, back and app switch keys and that is working ok.

I have created an "exit kiosk mode" flow to detect if the home has been pressed more than a specific time to stop my kiosk mode flow. For that I was trying to use the "key_duration" variable on a Home Key Down trigger but this variable does not seem to track the home key down duration. Is that a bug or did I misunderstood the purpose of the "key_duration" variable?

regissg

Post by regissg » 09 Aug 2018 13:15

Version 1.36.0 seems rather stable and I was wondering when you expect to make an official release of it ? I am keen to get rid of the Auoinput plugin...

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 09 Aug 2018 15:49

regissg wrote:Version 1.36.0 seems rather stable and I was wondering when you expect to make an official release of it ? I am keen to get rid of the Auoinput plugin...
+1 for this. Android Pie is out already, Automagic should release the new version too :D

BTW, I have moved to RR 6.1 Oreo based. I finally understand the LOS system database. (RR is based on LOS). They keep separate database for their ROM in another app. So those settings are not accessible via general Set System Settings. But actually only a few of them are there.

Regarding the accessibility detection speed (App Task Started/ended and UI Event). I got around 900-1100 in RR, even slower than MIUI. I don't know, maybe it is the animation that slow it downs or any other settings. I customize too much that I can't remember if it affects the accessibility speed.

BTW, tasker beta has updated the app to support changing the Display size (density). I wonder how it achieved that, as changing the value via Set System Setting - Secure - display_density_forced, seems not reflected by the system. But Tasker can change it anyway, maybe using special built-in API which can trigger the system to change the density. I wonder if the same can be done for most other setting system-wide. Example, the same Demo mode I mention in previous page.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

mbirth

Post by mbirth » 09 Aug 2018 16:25

Desmanto wrote:BTW, tasker beta has updated the app to support changing the Display size (density). I wonder how it achieved that, as changing the value via Set System Setting - Secure - display_density_forced, seems not reflected by the system. But Tasker can change it anyway, maybe using special built-in API which can trigger the system to change the density. I wonder if the same can be done for most other setting system-wide. Example, the same Demo mode I mention in previous page.
Execute command: wm size 1080x1920

or

Execute command: wm density 420

Both should work without root. (Change the values to your liking.)

Return to factory defaults:

Execute command: wm size reset
Execute command: wm density reset
BlackBerry KEY2, Android 8.1.0

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 09 Aug 2018 16:48

mbirth wrote: Execute command: wm size 1080x1920

or

Execute command: wm density 420

Both should work without root. (Change the values to your liking.)

Return to factory defaults:

Execute command: wm size reset
Execute command: wm density reset
Thanks, i forgot this command. Can't do it without root, error type 2. After using root, it can.

But Tasker can do it just using write secure permission, no root needed. And most write secure setting is not working anymore in oreo 8.1 (we change the value, but system doesn't honor the change). That's why I think tasker use some official API that can force the system to reread the value and reflect the change immediately. If this can be applied to all other settings database, I can do much more tricks using the secure setting database alone.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Wibbly

Post by Wibbly » 09 Aug 2018 16:48

I changed my size/density on Pie manually (So control UI shouldbe able to do it in a clunky way) - but it completely screwed up my home screen layout arrangements :-P

Beware, if you play with it...

Martin

Post by Martin » 18 Aug 2018 18:54

I'm not aware about a way to reinitialize the system after modifications to the settings database and I would be surprised if a way exists for this.
It's more likely that there's a dedicated API to change the density but I'm not sure and will have to investigate once I find the time.

Regards,
Martin

Martin

Post by Martin » 18 Aug 2018 18:54

A new EAP version is available.

Changes in this update:
  • fixes for the light theme
  • fix trigger Incoming Call not providing the incoming_number variable on Android P
  • minor changes and fixes
Download: Automagic.apk (2018-08-18)

Regards,
Martin

igoryan94

Post by igoryan94 » 21 Aug 2018 07:27

Martin wrote:A new EAP version is available.
Strange... My Automagic app instance still tells me that "License expires in 10 days", even after update (it shown exactly like that before this update). This message should be gone after an update...
Attachments
S80821-10264607.jpg
Screenshot
S80821-10264607.jpg (33.04 KiB) Viewed 44952 times