EAP version 1.35.0-dev

Forum to discuss everything related to the current development build of Automagic.

Moderator: Martin

mbirth

Re: EAP version 1.35.0-dev

Post by mbirth » 28 Feb 2018 15:50

Philip wrote:
mbirth wrote:Don't forget to send feedback to Google. Select "Play Protect" from the left menu, then tap the 3 dots in the upper right, select "Help & Feedback" and tap on "Send feedback". Then tell them what you think of this.
Which menu are you selecting "Play Protect" from? I would obviously like to tell Google precisely what I think of this activity (and to request compensation for the time I am having to spend to set up AutoMagic each time - especially as I had Play Protect switched off!)

In the Play Store's menu, there's "My apps & games", "My notifications", "Home", "Games", ... and further down: "Play Protect".
BlackBerry KEY2, Android 8.1.0

ewill

Post by ewill » 28 Feb 2018 15:54

Desmanto wrote:I have waited for several days. Automagic EAP still doesn't uninstalled by play protect. What happen if you enabled dev admin and the automagic got uninstalled? Usually app with dev admin enabled can't be uninstalled before the dev admin is disabled first.
I had device admin enabled. Automagic still was uninstalled.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 28 Feb 2018 16:15

Ouch, that's unacceptable from google part. At least it should prompt us first before uninstalling.

For mean time, maybe you should revert back to stable version first, until this issue is solved.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

ewill

Post by ewill » 28 Feb 2018 16:22

Desmanto wrote:Ouch, that's unacceptable from google part. At least it should prompt us first before uninstalling.

For mean time, maybe you should revert back to stable version first, until this issue is solved.
Agree - unacceptable for google just to uninstall without giving me the choice and without the ability to turn that feature off.

Yes - in the meantime I have reverted back to the stable version and I am watching eagerly for news of a solution.

Martin

Post by Martin » 01 Mar 2018 15:29

Hi,

Sorry, I've been knocked out with a flu for the last few days so I did not see this problem until now.

I'll try to contact Google about this problem. Not sure if Google plans to forbid all apps that are not coming from Google Play or if this is just a glitch. Maybe it's also time to move to the official alpha/beta/release feature of Google Play. I don't like this that much since I have more work to do and it's not that transparent since users often don't realize when a new update is installed.

Regards,
Martin

mbirth

Post by mbirth » 01 Mar 2018 15:47

Martin wrote:Sorry, I've been knocked out with a flu for the last few days so I did not see this problem until now.
Hope you're better now. :)
Martin wrote:Not sure if Google plans to forbid all apps that are not coming from Google Play or if this is just a glitch.
I noticed, when you disable "Play Protect", it still shows that it's scanning all apps coming from the Play Store. And since I've initially installed Automagic from the Play Store, then updated from here, it still scanned it and found some false-positive and thus removed it. But this is something Google should fix (and something you - as the developer - should get notified about.)
Martin wrote:Maybe it's also time to move to the official alpha/beta/release feature of Google Play. I don't like this that much since I have more work to do and it's not that transparent since users often don't realize when a new update is installed.
That would be my preferred way of getting beta versions as it's so much more convenient. You could show a splash screen with recent changes whenever Automagic detects that it was updated. That's how other apps seem to do it.
BlackBerry KEY2, Android 8.1.0

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 02 Mar 2018 14:23

Martin wrote:Hi,

Sorry, I've been knocked out with a flu for the last few days so I did not see this problem until now.

I'll try to contact Google about this problem. Not sure if Google plans to forbid all apps that are not coming from Google Play or if this is just a glitch. Maybe it's also time to move to the official alpha/beta/release feature of Google Play. I don't like this that much since I have more work to do and it's not that transparent since users often don't realize when a new update is installed.

Regards,
Martin
Get well soon.

It seems mine doesn't uninstall it, because recently I just cleared up many things from my secondary phone, including uninstall update of those google related app.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Martin

Post by Martin » 06 Mar 2018 10:03

Hi,

Luckily I was able to reproduce the issue on my main device. It seems that Google Play protect blocks the installation on my device (when 'Scan device for security threats' in Play Protect is enabled). Deactivating the option temporarily allows to install the EAP version but after a few hours Google Play protect removes the app again without asking for confirmation :evil:

I've contacted Google about this issue last week and got a reply today that Automagic should not be flagged by Google Play protect so should not be removed at all. Maybe they tested only if Google Play protect flags the version of Automagic available on Google Play but not the direct APK download link I've provided. I've now provided additional screenshots and very clear steps to reproduce the problem so I hope that Google can reproduce and fix the the issue soon.
I'll keep you updated.

Regards,
Martin

Martin

Post by Martin » 11 Mar 2018 19:52

Hi,

I did not get a reply from the Google Play protect support yet but it seems that the EAP can be installed again. Not sure if this is temporary or if it also works with any future EAP versions so I hope the Google will let me know. I'll keep you updated when I receive a reply.

Regards,
Martin

fagci

Post by fagci » 12 Mar 2018 16:59

Tried, GPlay wont remove AM
All systems nominal.