EAP version 1.34.0-dev

Forum to discuss everything related to the current development build of Automagic.

Moderator: Martin

Martin

EAP version 1.34.0-dev

Post by Martin » 27 Jun 2017 20:17

This forum is used to give interested users access to the next version of Automagic currently in development.
The early access version is only lightly tested and might still contain serious bugs. The quality of EAP versions can at times be even way below usual beta standards.

:arrow: Use at your own risk!
:arrow: Ensure to create a backup before you install an EAP version.

Important:
  • The EAP version will replace the Google Play version of Automagic on your device. Flows opened, saved and created with the EAP version will usually not be compatible with old versions of Automagic so it is highly recommended to create a backup of your flows, widgets and variables before you start using the EAP version (create a backup of the folder /<sdcard>/Automagic)
  • Unknown sources needs to be enabled in the settings of Android to install the EAP version.
  • Please report bugs and problems found in the EAP version in the EAP forum or by mail to info@automagic4android.com
  • :!: Don't share flows created using the EAP version in the regular flow sharing area since users of the released Automagic version will not be able to use the new triggers, conditions and actions. Feel free to share flows in the EAP forum.
  • The EAP version only works for about 2 weeks. Please install a new EAP version when the old one expires or install the released version available in Google Play.
Changes
1.34.0-dev (2017-09-02)
  • new trigger View Web URL Intent Received to intercept URLs for the browser
  • new condition Root Preference Enabled
  • new action Init Variables Network Statistics (Android 6+)
  • new action Modify Automagic Notification on Statusbar
  • new action Snooze Notification on Statusbar (Android 8+)
  • modernized user interface by using a navigation drawer and a floating action button on Android 5+
  • added feature to add a description for each flow on the flow list
  • added possibility to add notes within a flow
  • performance of flow editor improved (most noticeable on Samsung devices)
  • added option to ignore host check in action Execute SSH Command
  • added script function getParcelable to get parcelable extras as is from an intent
  • added feature in built-in text editor to format JSON
  • provide variables widget_x_offset and widget_y_offset to flow when hiding an overlay
  • added possibility to create loops in flows (click plus-icon in flow editor and select Templates)
  • added option to query a contact by exact display name in action Init Variables Contact Info
  • variable replacements with {var,listformat,comma} now also use the regular escaping mechanism when the variable contains a single value and not a list
  • deactivation of the device admin functions in Automagic now checks if Automagic is defined as the device owner and allows to clear the device owner status of Automagic
  • added option to change font size in action Input Dialog
  • restructured and simplified Automagic settings screen
  • added new script function isList, isMap etc. to check type of variables
  • added new extended script function findAll to get all groups of all matches of a regular expression
  • extended action HTTP Request for form data file upload
  • minor changes & bug fixes
* This function is not officially supported by Android and might not work on all devices.
** This function requires root access, is not officially supported by Android and might not work on all devices.

:!: Ensure to create a backup before you install an EAP version.

Download: Automagic.apk (2017-08-26)

Regards,
Martin

Philip

Re: EAP version 1.34.0-dev

Post by Philip » 28 Jun 2017 08:19

The action Show Home Screen with Page set to 3 now produces an error "Action not executed successfully. value must not be null". (I have 9 home screens, so screen 3 does exist).

I use Nova Launcher as my launcher and this Action always used to work prior to 1.34.0-dev. I'm using Nova Launcher Version 5.3-beta3.
--
Philip

ewill

Post by ewill » 28 Jun 2017 13:09

I notice the same issue with "Show Home Screen". I too have Nova, and have further tested that the behavior is the same if the page checkbox is blank, filled with any value or filled with a variable.

Thanks for adding the ability to comment!

Martin

Post by Martin » 29 Jun 2017 20:14

Thanks for reporting! This bug is fixed in the next build.

Martin

Post by Martin » 29 Jun 2017 20:15

A new EAP version is available.

Changes in this update:
  • new action Modify Automagic Notification on Statusbar
  • fix regression in action Show Home Screen
Download: Automagic.apk (2017-06-29)

Regards,
Martin

Philip

Post by Philip » 29 Jun 2017 21:30

I can confirm that Show Home Page is now working correctly for me.

As always, very many thanks for the extremely rapid response, Martin.

I'm also finding the ability to add a note very useful, as I've started to document my flows. Would just love the ability to "switch off" an Action within a flow without having to remove the links to it. Don't suppose it's on the roadmap?
--
Philip

mbirth

Post by mbirth » 30 Jun 2017 15:16

Awesome improvements! Especially the hamburger menu and the FAB. It starts to feel like a real Material Design app. (If you find time, please clean up the settings and create sub-menus instead of that endless list with a few categories.)

I'll also start to add descriptions and notes to my flows now.

Philip wrote:Would just love the ability to "switch off" an Action within a flow without having to remove the links to it.
Second that!
BlackBerry KEY2, Android 8.1.0

Martin

Post by Martin » 30 Jun 2017 19:00

Switching actions off is not on the roadmap since this does not work for conditions and I don't like to support the feature just for actions. Temporarily removing the connection leading to the action/condition is the way to go for now but I will think some more about this.

About reorganizing settings: Moving Script Editor Settings, NFC and Logging Settings to it's own sub-menus would be simple, maybe another sub-menu for Accessibility, grouping the other settings is more difficult. But maybe creating the other sub-menus would already help. What do you think?

Regards,
Martin

mbirth

Post by mbirth » 30 Jun 2017 19:41

Martin wrote:Switching actions off is not on the roadmap since this does not work for conditions and I don't like to support the feature just for actions. Temporarily removing the connection leading to the action/condition is the way to go for now but I will think some more about this.
For conditions, there could be something like "Always True" and "Always False". Just an idea. But yeah, removing connections and drawing them around isn't difficult anyways.

Martin wrote:About reorganizing settings: Moving Script Editor Settings, NFC and Logging Settings to it's own sub-menus would be simple, maybe another sub-menu for Accessibility, grouping the other settings is more difficult. But maybe creating the other sub-menus would already help. What do you think?
Yes, that would be a big difference already. I'd suggest this structure:
  • Activation settings
    • Start after boot
    • Start after update
    • Show status icon
    • Icon in expanded status bar
  • Feature settings
    • Device admin functions
    • Root functions (Experimental)
    • Ignore power optimisation
    • Accessibility service
    • Accessibility feedback type
    • Access to notifications
    • External SD card access
  • UI settings
    • Back key behaviour
    • Hide setting confirmation
    • Language
  • Script editor settings
    • Wrap lines
    • Editor font size
    • Typeface
    • Syntax highlighting
    • Syntax highlighting colours
  • NFC
    • Handle existing NFC tags
  • Logging settings
    • Log font size
    • Debug log
    • Log sensor values
    • Write log to file
  • Advanced settings
    • Main data directory
    • Workarounds
BlackBerry KEY2, Android 8.1.0

Philip

Post by Philip » 05 Jul 2017 10:35

The icon used by the new action Modify Automagic Notification on Statusbar doesn't seem to "stick" for me.

If I select a built-in icon (for example, "Car" or "Sound On"), then I can Execute the action from within the edit window, and the icon on the statusbar changes as expected.

However, once I "Save" the Action and then go to edit it again, the icon has reverted to the default "Automagic" icon.
--
Philip