EAP version 1.33.0-dev

Forum to discuss everything related to the current development build of Automagic.

Moderator: Martin

bogdyro

Re: EAP version 1.33.0-dev

Post by bogdyro » 07 Mar 2017 16:33

Hi Martin. Don't know when exactly you have added findall method to the script and regex test screen but thank you very match. It works as expected now.

ewill

Post by ewill » 15 Mar 2017 20:31

I am having trouble with the "Take Screenshot" action. I don't know for sure that it is something having to do with the EAP or not, but I do believe that it worked in the past.

Here is what happened. I recently did a factory reset on my phone and reloaded my applications. When I run the "Take Screenshot" action, I get a popup message "Automatic Premium will start capturing.....". On that message, I can check the checkbox or press "cancel". However when I press "start now" nothing happens - no error, no message - it is as if that area of the screen is totally non responsive.

I know that previously I was able to fill in the checkbox so that I don't get prompted each time.

I am running LineageOS 14.1 on an LG G5. If the problem is with my device or ROM, is there any alternate way to get rid of the confirmation (besides running it for the first time).

Thanks for the help.

Martin

Post by Martin » 16 Mar 2017 19:07

Hi,

It's likely a ROM issue when the system asks for the permission each time you execute the action. The action was not changed in this EAP. I'm not aware about a way to prevent the security popup except by checking the checkbox in this popup dialog.
Maybe it's also caused by a security feature of the device to prevent that such a security dialog can be confirmed when an app shows overlays. Please check if Automagic or any other app displays an overlay at the time the dialog is shown and remove the overlay before starting the screenshot action. You could also temporarily revoke the permission "Draw over other apps" for all apps.

Regards,
Martin

ewill

Post by ewill » 16 Mar 2017 19:25

Martin wrote:Hi,

It's likely a ROM issue when the system asks for the permission each time you execute the action. The action was not changed in this EAP. I'm not aware about a way to prevent the security popup except by checking the checkbox in this popup dialog.
Maybe it's also caused by a security feature of the device to prevent that such a security dialog can be confirmed when an app shows overlays. Please check if Automagic or any other app displays an overlay at the time the dialog is shown and remove the overlay before starting the screenshot action. You could also temporarily revoke the permission "Draw over other apps" for all apps.

Regards,
Martin
Thanks for the help. I actually took your final suggestion and temporarily revoked the permission for all apps - executed the action (with the checkbox) and restore the permission. A bit of a pain, but it worked.

Appreciate the suggestion.

Martin

Post by Martin » 27 Mar 2017 20:23

A new EAP version is available.

Changes in this update:
  • potentially fixes a memory leak
  • improve speed of condition WiFi Connected
  • support replacing variables in trigger File Observer
  • minor changes & bug fixes
Download: Automagic.apk (2017-03-27)

Regards,
Martin

ewill

Post by ewill » 27 Apr 2017 12:56

Martin,

Will you be publishing 1.33 soon - or providing a new EAP version. The current 2017-03-27 expires in 3 days.

I have not encountered any issues with the current EAP version.

Martin

Post by Martin » 28 Apr 2017 19:30

Hi,

A new EAP build will be posted soon, within the next hour probably. Sorry for the delay.
I also have planned to release 1.33 soon. It also looks good in my tests so it should not take long for an official release but probably still takes a week or two since I'm trying to fix a nasty Android Wear problem.
Please let me know if anyone still runs into any issues.

Regards,
Martin

Martin

Post by Martin » 28 Apr 2017 19:58

A new EAP version is available.

Changes in this update:
  • potentially fixes an Android Wear issue that caused actions on Android Wear to stop working or be delayed
  • added additional workaround attempt in settings to increase reliability of Android Wear actions in case the first fix does not help
  • minor changes & bug fixes
Download: Automagic.apk (2017-04-28)

Regards,
Martin

Akt

Post by Akt » 30 Apr 2017 01:12

Hey Martin, when are you going to publish it on the Google play store, its more than 8 months from last update.........

Martin

Post by Martin » 30 Apr 2017 19:40

An official release on Google Play should become available in the next few weeks, certainly before end of Mai.

Regards,
Martin