EAP version 1.32.0-dev

Forum to discuss everything related to the current development build of Automagic.

Moderator: Martin

Martin

EAP version 1.32.0-dev

Post by Martin » 11 Aug 2016 19:44

This forum is used to give interested users access to the next version of Automagic currently in development.
The early access version is only lightly tested and might still contain serious bugs. The quality of EAP versions can at times be even way below usual beta standards.

:arrow: Use at your own risk!
:arrow: Ensure to create a backup before you install an EAP version.

Important:
  • The EAP version will replace the Google Play version of Automagic on your device. Flows opened, saved and created with the EAP version will usually not be compatible with old versions of Automagic so it is highly recommended to create a backup of your flows, widgets and variables before you start using the EAP version (create a backup of the folder /<sdcard>/Automagic)
  • Unknown sources needs to be enabled in the settings of Android to install the EAP version.
  • Please report bugs and problems found in the EAP version in the EAP forum or by mail to info@automagic4android.com
  • :!: Don't share flows created using the EAP version in the regular flow sharing area since users of the released Automagic version will not be able to use the new triggers, conditions and actions. Feel free to share flows in the EAP forum.
  • The EAP version only works for about 2 weeks. Please install a new EAP version when the old one expires or install the released version available in Google Play.
Changes
1.32.0-dev (2016-09-20)
  • new trigger Quick Settings Tile Selected (Android 7+)
  • new action Update Quick Settings Tile (Android 7+)
  • new action Save Widget to Image File
  • new action Combine Images to add watermarks/overlays on an image
  • extended action Control UI to record and play touch screen gestures (Android 7+)
  • extended action Set System Locale to support multiple locales (Android 7+)**
  • added option to show a progressbar in action Notification on Statusbar
  • added option to set group in action Notification on Statusbar and trigger Notification on Statusbar Selected (Android 7+)
  • extended action Set Wallpaper to change the lock screen wallpaper (Android 7+)
  • added search feature to flow screen
  • added feature to select unused global variables
  • added option to disable immediate screen brightness update in action Set Screen Brightness to avoid flickering on some devices
  • condition Debug Dialog can show complex values (maps/lists) as JSON
  • added optional button to action Message Dialog
  • added feature to filter list of trigger-, condition- and action types by tag/category
  • added script function getDate to interpret the date in a specific timezone
  • added feature to change system settings of category secure and global in action Set System Setting by granting permission by adb without root
* This function is not officially supported by Android and might not work on all devices.
** This function requires root access, is not officially supported by Android and might not work on all devices.

:!: Ensure to create a backup before you install an EAP version.

Download: Automagic.apk (2016-09-20)

Regards,
Martin

Martin

Re: EAP version 1.32.0-dev

Post by Martin » 14 Aug 2016 19:29

A new EAP version is available.

Changes in this update:
  • updated action Set App Notification Peekable and Set App Notification Priority for Android 7
Download: Automagic.apk (2016-08-14)

Regards,
Martin

Martin

Post by Martin » 30 Aug 2016 19:12

Changes in this update:
  • added feature to filter list of trigger-, condition- and action types by tag/category.

Please let me know if you think that the tags/categories are not appropriate or if you would like to see an additional tag/category. Please also let me know when a trigger/condition/action is tagged wrong or if it should also be tagged with another value. I've tried to tag the triggers/conditions/actions only with the tags/categories that I would search them in. Some actions like Set Bluetooth SCO State are tagged with multiple values, Bluetooth, Audio and Phone in this case. Most Android Wear components are also tagged with multiple values since they are tagged with the normal tag one would expect plus AndroidWear. Many components are tagged with System since none of the other tags was appropriate.
Download: Automagic.apk (2016-08-30)

Regards,
Martin

Martin

Post by Martin » 03 Sep 2016 12:58

Changes in this update:
  • workaround for notification LED not working on Android N when both Play sound and Vibrate are disabled for the notification
  • minor changes
Download: Automagic.apk (2016-09-03)

Regards,
Martin

Martin

Post by Martin » 07 Sep 2016 19:48

Changes in this update:
  • workaround for missing notification text on Android 7
  • workaround for condition App Task Running sometimes not working due to Android 7 bugs (the condition will be delayed by a few seconds when the bug is present and return to normal speed once the issue is fixed in Android)
  • added script function getDate to interpret the date in a specific timezone
  • added option to set group in action Notification on Statusbar and trigger Notification on Statusbar Selected (Android 7+)
  • provide new variables notification_group and notification_is_group_summary in relevant notification triggers, conditions and actions (Android 7+)
  • minor changes
Download: Automagic.apk (2016-09-07)

Regards,
Martin

Martin

Post by Martin » 10 Sep 2016 13:52

Changes in this update:
  • potentially fixed trigger Outgoing Call on Android 7
  • condition Telephony Radio Enabled should now also work on Android 7
  • minor changes
Download: Automagic.apk (2016-09-10)

Regards,
Martin

Martin

Post by Martin » 11 Sep 2016 18:40

A new EAP version is available. I consider version 1.32 already as feature complete since there are a few fixes and improvments for Android 7 that should be released as soon as possible so I will only test in the next few days.

:!: Please let me know when you are using Android 7 and find any issues.

Changes in this update:
  • added feature to change system settings of category secure and global in action Set System Setting by granting permission by adb without root (check the help page of the action for instructions)
  • minor changes
Download: Automagic.apk (2016-09-11)

Regards,
Martin

ewill

Post by ewill » 16 Sep 2016 18:07

On the latest EAP, I have a file observer trigger than no longer seems to recognize a new file. The trigger is intended to recognize when a new file is added to a folder and the following check boxes are checked: Modify, Writable file closed, File moved to, Subfile created. Prior to the 9/11 version, I had the 8/30 version which appeared to work. I have CM13 on an LG G4.

Martin

Post by Martin » 16 Sep 2016 19:14

The trigger still works for me.
Could you please restart the device, enable Debug Log in Automagic, turn the flow off and back on and then create a file so that the flow should be executed? Please send the log to me afterwards (flow list: menu->Manage->Log, menu->Send Log).

Thanks & Regards,
Martin

ewill

Post by ewill » 16 Sep 2016 19:25

Martin wrote:The trigger still works for me.
Could you please restart the device, enable Debug Log in Automagic, turn the flow off and back on and then create a file so that the flow should be executed? Please send the log to me afterwards (flow list: menu->Manage->Log, menu->Send Log).

Thanks & Regards,
Martin
I just tried and it is working. Perhaps turning the flow off and back on did something.

Thanks for the help and I will keep an eye on it.