Help! Automagic is being autotragic

Forum to discuss everything related to the current development build of Automagic.

Moderator: Martin

roxburd

Help! Automagic is being autotragic

Post by roxburd » 28 Feb 2016 16:37

I installed the Pro version so that I if I plugged in my power cord or dropped the phone on an NFC tag it would put it into flight mode.

The power cord trigger worked beautifully - plug in cord, confirmation dialog appears, click Yes and it runs the 'flight mode' action. And throws a permission exception - it can't put the phone into flight mode coz Android says no.

So I downloaded the EAP version and enabled 'Unknown sources'. And every time I tried to install the APK the install failed. Even after a reboot. So I uninstalled the Play Store app and tried to install the EAP. The EAP installed but said that my evaluation license has run out so refuses to run!!! But I paid for the Pro version!!!

Please help. Automagic is much nicer than its competitors but this EAP merry-go-round is seriously not good.

Thanks,
Dave

roxburd

Re: Help! Automagic is being autotragic

Post by roxburd » 28 Feb 2016 16:39

And now when I try to reinstall the Pro version from the Play Store it says I have to pay £2.40 AGAIN!!! WHAT!!???

Martin

Post by Martin » 28 Feb 2016 16:47

Hi,

The play store version is newer than the EAP version so I would not recommend to install the EAP anymore.

Please uninstall Automagic and install using Google Play. Ensure that you are using the same account in Google Play that you've originally used to buy the app. Reboot the device and try again if it should ask to buy again for some reason. If this does not help, contact me at info@automagic4android.com so I can check the state of the license in Google Play (licenses are managed by Google so if you get a button to buy again in Google Play, it's caused by Google not recognizing your license. This is often caused by using another account in Google Play).

Regards,
Martin

roxburd

Post by roxburd » 28 Feb 2016 17:41

Hey Martin,

Wow, thanks for replying so quickly. So Play was asking for payment because, unknown to me, it had refunded me when I uninstalled.

So I reinstalled and set the Set Airplane Mode action to use Method 1 and I get:

ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagiclib.util.p: Root functions must be enabled in the preferences

With Method 2 I get:

ch.gridvision.ppam.androidautomagiclib.util.p: Operation not supported on this device.

And if I check Root Functions I get the toast:
Root functions are not supported on this device or root access was denied to Automagic.

So is there no way for me to activate flight mode? That's a shame as that's main reason I bought Automagic (twice).

Cheers,
Dave

Martin

Post by Martin » 28 Feb 2016 19:56

Hi,

Unfortunately activating airplane mode requires a rooted device on most newer versions of Android since Google does not want apps to turn airplane mode on and off.

Please contact me at info@automagic4android.com with your Google account email address if you would like to cancel the order.

Regards,
Martin

LED

Post by LED » 07 Apr 2017 21:54

Hi Martin

No matter what i do automagic keeps asking for the license again.
I got so used to have this app working for me in the background that i feel my phone is limp without it.

Please help.

LED

Post by LED » 07 Apr 2017 21:55

I have uninstalled it 3 times. It works ok for 5 minutes then.....Bloom. ....It shuts itself again

Martin

Post by Martin » 09 Apr 2017 19:25

Maybe you are using an old EAP version that expired?
Please try to install the latest version available in this post: EAP version 1.33.0-dev.

Regards,
Martin

LED

Post by LED » 13 Apr 2017 00:17

Thanks Martin but no go.
Fully uninstalled, reboot, tried the link you gave me. App doesn't Install.
Tried the playstore version, it installs ok, but after a few minutes, same again. I cannot use am anymore.
The worse is that i cant even pay again if i wanted.
Not sure at all what is wrong after so many years using your app.
Any other suggestions?
Regards

LED

Post by LED » 13 Apr 2017 13:24

Martin. Please forget previous message. Working now, i had downloaded the wrong apk.
Thanks for the assistance as always.
LED