EAP version 1.30.0-dev

Forum to discuss everything related to the current development build of Automagic.

Moderator: Martin

Martin

EAP version 1.30.0-dev

Post by Martin » 09 Jan 2016 19:55

This forum is used to give interested users access to the next version of Automagic currently in development.
The early access version is only lightly tested and might still contain serious bugs. The quality of EAP versions can at times be even way below usual beta standards.

:arrow: Use at your own risk!
:arrow: Ensure to create a backup before you install an EAP version.

Important:
  • The EAP version will replace the Google Play version of Automagic on your device. Flows opened, saved and created with the EAP version will usually not be compatible with old versions of Automagic so it is highly recommended to create a backup of your flows, widgets and variables before you start using the EAP version (create a backup of the folder /<sdcard>/Automagic)
  • Unknown sources needs to be enabled in the settings of Android to install the EAP version.
  • Please report bugs and problems found in the EAP version in the EAP forum or by mail to info@automagic4android.com
  • :!: Don't share flows created using the EAP version in the regular flow sharing area since users of the released Automagic version will not be able to use the new triggers, conditions and actions. Feel free to share flows in the EAP forum.
  • The EAP version only works for about 2 weeks. Please install a new EAP version when the old one expires or install the released version available in Google Play.
Changes
1.30.0-dev (2016-02-16)
  • Material theme on Android 5+
  • support runtime permissions of Android 6
  • Automagic now requires a small workaround app called Workarounds for Automagic available on Google Play to change private/unofficial system settings on Android 6
  • new trigger CyanogenMod Quick Settings Tile Selected
  • new condition Audio Stream Active *
  • new action Set Proximity Screen Off State
  • use new API on Android 6 in action and condition Flashlight to improve integration into the system and to increase performance
  • extended Gleeo-actions with option to not turn the display on when executed
  • added option to average measurements in trigger and condition Light Sensor
  • extended time based triggers with an option to register like an alarm clock (can serve as a workaround on Samsung devices with too agressive battery optimization)
  • added option to show custom icons in notifications on statusbar (Android 6+)
  • extended script syntax to access list and map entries with brackets: list[0], map["key"]
  • added script functions fromJSON and toJSON
  • extended action Set Alarm with options to definde ringtone and to optionally enable vibration (Android 4.4+)
  • extended action Set Alarm and Set Timer to show the alarm/timer app after executing
  • minor enhancements and bug fixes
* This function is not officially supported by Android and might not work on all devices.
** This function requires root access, is not officially supported by Android and might not work on all devices.

:!: Ensure to create a backup before you install an EAP version.

Download: Automagic.apk (2016-02-16)

Regards,
Martin

musicking

Re: EAP version 1.30.0-dev

Post by musicking » 09 Jan 2016 20:39

Thank you, testing now

musicking

Post by musicking » 09 Jan 2016 22:03

After resyncing apps and giving automagic wear the notification permission on the watch, all is working. Thank you!

Mar

Post by Mar » 09 Jan 2016 23:48

It's great. Especially the Material Design is nice. My problem with the weather warnings should be fixed now, too, as far as I could already test it. The function fromJSON() is working well.

Martin

Post by Martin » 10 Jan 2016 09:09

Great, thank you both for testing!

I'm glad you like the new design, it's always a delicate issue to change the theme.

Mar

Post by Mar » 13 Jan 2016 16:36

I've found a minor bug.
In the main menu, when you long press at a category, the phone is vibrating and it's similar to long pressing a flow but it doesn't show the header at the top.
IMO it shouldn't be possible to long press at a category, or instead of that some interactions should be shown at the top.

Martin

Post by Martin » 13 Jan 2016 21:31

Hi,

Thanks for reporting.
Long clicking on a group should not start the multi selection action mode anymore in the next build.

Regards,
Martin

bogdyro

Post by bogdyro » 16 Jan 2016 06:02

Hello Martin. New bug. Trying to set system setting crashes automagic. I have the xposed framework installed.
Attachments
log.txt
(1.35 KiB) Downloaded 1936 times

gollyzila

Post by gollyzila » 19 Jan 2016 18:33

When changing the screen brightness I get this exception "You cannot change private secure settings". I've attached a log.

Re: material theme. I think it's nice that it's not a huge departure but I feel the list of flows and flow items themselves still look too Holo. It could look more material designed if they were cards and triggers, conditions, and actions were different colors.
Attachments
log_mail.txt
(3.13 KiB) Downloaded 1821 times

Martin

Post by Martin » 21 Jan 2016 22:21

@bogdyro: I only tested on Android 6 so far, a fix for this crash should be coming in the next build.

@gollyzila: This is the newest attempt of Google to restrict what apps can change (wihtout root). I only see one possibility to fix this and it's to install a little helper app that does not support the new dynamic permission model. Such 'old' apps that target an older Android version are still allowed to change 'unofficial' system settings. Google also has a bug report about this issue which is marked as fixed in a later version so maybe the workaround becomes unnecessary on Android 6.0.2, 6.1 or 7.
I totally agree about the holoish design but I don't want to spend my time on a complete/proper material makeover since I prefer to spend the time on other things at the moment.

Thanks for reporting the issues!