EAP version 1.23.0-dev

Forum to discuss everything related to the current development build of Automagic.

Moderator: Martin

Martin

EAP version 1.23.0-dev

Post by Martin » 31 May 2014 09:45

This forum is used to give interested users access to the next version of Automagic currently in development.
The early access version is only lightly tested and might still contain serious bugs. The quality of EAP versions can at times be even way below usual beta standards.

:arrow: Use at your own risk!
:arrow: Ensure to create a backup before you install an EAP version.

Important:
  • The EAP version will replace the Google Play version of Automagic on your device. Flows opened, saved and created with the EAP version will usually not be compatible with old versions of Automagic so it is highly recommended to create a backup of your flows, widgets and variables before you start using the EAP version (create a backup of the folder /<sdcard>/Automagic)
  • Unknown sources needs to be enabled in the settings of Android to install the EAP version.
  • Please report bugs and problems found in the EAP version in the EAP forum or by mail to info@automagic4android.com
  • :!: Don't share flows created using the EAP version in the regular flow sharing area since users of the released Automagic version will not be able to use the new triggers, conditions and actions. Feel free to share flows in the EAP forum.
  • The EAP version only works for about 2 weeks. Please install a new EAP version when the old one expires or install the released version available in Google Play.
Changes
1.23.0-dev (2014-06-16)
  • minor enhancements and bug fixes
  • new trigger Step Counter (Android 4.4+)
  • new trigger UI Event to react to different events like window opened, button pressed, text edited and more
  • new trigger Speech Web Search Requested to react to long pressing a button on a wired headset
  • new trigger Voice Command Requested
  • new condition USB Tethering Enabled *
  • new condition Flashlight On
  • new action Set CyanogenMod Profile *
  • new action Set App Notification State **
  • new menu Maintenance to delete unused triggers, conditions and actions
  • added option to set custom headers in action HTTP Request
  • added operation crop to action Modify Image
  • added option to set a large icon in action Notification on Statusbar
  • added new example to access the contact photo of a contact in action Query Content Provider
* This function is not officially supported by Android and might not work on all devices.
** This function requires root access, is not officially supported by Android and might not work on all devices.

Download: Automagic.apk (updated 2014-06-16)

Regards,
Martin

Akt

Re: EAP version 1.23.0-dev

Post by Akt » 31 May 2014 16:49

Any sample flow for UI EVENT to understand the action??

colabi

Post by colabi » 31 May 2014 19:16

Hi, Martin
Very usefull and powerfull the new UI Event trigger.
Now I can create a pseudo-trigger to react on notification on statusbar selected (other then AM created)

ex:
trigger: UI Event >
event: View clicked >
package: com.android.systemui >
text: text in notification

I want to suggest (for less confusing) to rename events from "View clicked, View selected"... to Element clicked, selected...

And maybe you can add more flexible options for text (contains text, matches regex...), like in Command Output trigger

Martin

Post by Martin » 02 Jun 2014 17:26

Hi colabi

I agree that the term 'View' looks strange and should be changed to something more intuitive. How about 'Component clicked/selected/...'? I slightly prefer Component over Element since component is often used as a term in UI toolkits.
Good idea for the more flexibel text matching.

Martin

colabi

Post by colabi » 02 Jun 2014 19:31

"Component" sounds great

ZSasha

Post by ZSasha » 05 Jun 2014 04:24

Martin, you rock!
Is there any way how we can help you? I am not a developer but I probably could help in translation your built-in help file to Russian, if you are interested.

Martin

Post by Martin » 05 Jun 2014 18:18

A new EAP version is available.

Changes in this update:
  • new condition Flashlight On
  • new action Set App Notification State
  • internal changes, fixes and performance improvements
Download: Automagic.apk (updated 2014-05-06)

Martin

Post by Martin » 11 Jun 2014 19:45

A new EAP version is available.

Changes in this update:
  • highlight misspelled function names in scripts (getdate() instead of getDate() etc.)
  • minor changes and fixes
Download: Automagic.apk (updated 2014-05-11)

Martin

Post by Martin » 11 Jun 2014 20:07

Hi ZSasha,

Sorry for the late response.

Thanks for the offer, I really appreciate it.
I have currently not planned to translate Automagic to more languages since it's a huge amount of work and it will be very difficult for me to add translations for new features when I'm not able to understand at least a bit of the language.

Basic tutorials is something that would be a great help (text only, step by step with screenshots etc.).
I would also like to include more examples for actions Start Activity, Send Broadcast, Start Service and Query Content Provider and similar triggers/actions. If you find configurations that could be useful to other users, you could send example configurations to me, then I could add the actions to the built-in examples.

Regards,
Martin

Martin

Post by Martin » 16 Jun 2014 18:53

A new EAP version is available. I hope that this is the last EAP version before publishing on Google Play. Let me know in this thread or by mail to info@automagic4android.com if you find any issues.

Changes in this update:
  • action Set App Notification State should now also work on Android 4.1 and Android 4.2
  • minor changes and fixes
Download: Automagic.apk (updated 2014-06-16)