The early access version is only lightly tested and might still contain serious bugs. The quality of EAP versions can at times be even way below usual beta standards.
Use at your own risk!
Ensure to create a backup before you install an EAP version.
- The EAP version will replace the Google Play version of Automagic on your device. Flows opened, saved and created with the EAP version will usually not be compatible with old versions of Automagic so it is highly recommended to create a backup of your flows, widgets and variables before you start using the EAP version (create a backup of the folder /<sdcard>/Automagic)
- Unknown sources needs to be enabled in the settings of Android to install the EAP version.
- Please report bugs and problems found in the EAP version in the EAP forum.
- Don't share flows created using the EAP version in the regular flow sharing area since users of the released Automagic version will not be able to use the new triggers, conditions and actions. Feel free to share flows in the EAP forum.
- The EAP version only works for about 4 weeks. Please install a new EAP version when the old one expires or install the released version available in Google Play.
- new trigger Phone Cell CDMA
- new trigger Daydream State
- new trigger Locale Adjusted
- new trigger Timezone Adjusted
- new trigger Time Adjusted
- new trigger K-9 Mail Received (requires K-9 Mail app)
- new trigger Location Provider State to detect when GPS or network location is enable/disabled in the settings
- new trigger Phone Signal Strength
- new trigger Mobile Datanetwork Type to detect when the network type changes to UMTS, GPRS etc.
- new trigger HTTP Request (Experimental) to run your own web server in Automagic
- unified Google and local calendar event triggers in Calendar Event and support more calendars (some calendars experimental)
- new condition Phone Cell CDMA
- new condition Bluetooth Device Connected *
- new condition Flow Executing
- new condition Telephony Radio Enabled *
- new condition Mobile Datanetwork Type
- new condition Vibrate on Ring Enabled *
- unified Google and local calendar event conditions in Calendar Event
- new action Set Lock PIN/Password to change and remove the lock screen PIN/password
- new action Init Variables Phone Info to get access to the operator name, IMSI, IMEI and more
- new action Set Bluetooth Tethering State (Android 3+) *
- new action Input Speech (Experimental)
- new action Voice Search (Experimental)
- new action Take Picture using the device cam app or in the background (Android 4+)
- new action Request Sync to semi-automatic sync calendars, mail, notes etc.
- new action Set Telephony Radio State **
- new action Show Call Log
- new action Show Input Method Selector
- new action Modify Call Log to mark the call log as read or to clear the call log
- new action Init Variables Call Log to read the newest call log entry into variables
- new action Start Daydream (Android 4.2+)
- new action Set Vibrate on Ring State *
- new action Write HTTP Response Text (Experimental) to return text for a HTTP request
- new action Write HTTP Response File (Experimental) to to return a file for a HTTP request
- new action Reboot **
- new action Shutdown **
- added option to set and record custom vibration patterns in action Vibrate
- added option to select the stream type in action Speech Output
- added options to better control trigger Phone Cell GSM
- added option to action HTTP Request to ignore certificate problems
- added a setting to change the feedback type of the accessibility service to avoid conflicts with other apps and services
- changed option Never in action Set Screen Timeout to work better on some devices
- added script functions contains and replaceAll
- added script functions encodeURL and encodeURLForm to encode variables for HTTP requests
- added script function newLocation to create location objects from latitude and longitude in a script
- added capability to change local/global variable values in dialog of condition Debug Dialog
- changed sort order of variables in condition Debug Dialog to show local variables first
- added new properties to ellipse object in widgets to create arcs
- added option to set the control channel encoding in FTP actions
- added options to set the priority and ongoing flag for notifications
- added variables for altitude, bearing and speed to action Init Variable Location (GPS)
- added timeout to condition Confirmation Dialog
- added configurable timeout to conditions Proximity Sensor and Light Sensor
- added option to only open the dialer without initializing the call in action Call Number
- extended action Export Flows to also export widgets, name changed to Export Flows/Widgets
- added option to trigger Incoming Call to trigger on missed/rejected calls only
- added option to action Set Car UI Mode to launch the dock/home screen
- added option to limit the time range in triggers Periodic Timer and Periodic Location Update
- added option to use device account in action Mail with Gmail
- added variable support to action Launch App
- Action Init Variables File List now sorts files alphabetically (case insensitive)
- added script function getBounds in action Control UI to find the position and size of a control element
- added functions sendText, sendKey, setText, setSelection, selectAll to action Control UI to simulate keyboard actions without root (Automagic input method needs to be active)
- updated root helper app to support new actions
- added option to let device go to deep sleep when action Sleep is executing
- added option to use the new geofence API provided by Google in trigger Location (might reduce battery consumption)
- minor enhancements and bug fixes
** This function requires root access, is not officially supported by Android and might not work on all devices.
Download: Automagic.apk (updated 2013-08-12)
Unfortunately I don't have access to a CDMA network. I would highly appreciate it, if someone with a CDMA phone could test if trigger/condition Phone Cell CDMA work. Could someone post a screenshot of the dialog containing some collected cells (or send by mail to email@example.com)?