What is your post Automagic plan?

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

tsolignani

Re: What is your post Automagic plan?

Post by tsolignani » 13 Dec 2020 08:54

Same here, sticking with AM and Android 9 as long as possible.

coconutxyz

Post by coconutxyz » 03 Jan 2021 05:36

has everyone went to tasker? i havent been using automagic for a while after moving to tasker but sometimes a simple task too much effort there despite having a big community. Planning to come back for flow chart but automagic is dead...

therefore im now looking at automate and since i bought most tasker plugin as well.

does anyone have any comprehensive comparison between automagic vs tasker vs automate?

tsolignani

Post by tsolignani » 03 Jan 2021 06:18

I'm still with automagic i just finished a new flow. It still works.

coconutxyz

Post by coconutxyz » 03 Jan 2021 06:31

but you are on android9 right? i dont think i can stay at low version

Wibbly

Post by Wibbly » 03 Jan 2021 16:05

All my flows are still working on Pixel 3a running Android 11

tsolignani

Post by tsolignani » 03 Jan 2021 18:49

Android 9 over here, I confirm. I won't update unless forced to.

guuzendesu

Post by guuzendesu » 23 Feb 2021 12:27

Automate is very similar, and in several ways far more powerful than Automagic. However, the interface is a bit of hell in comparison. Still, compared with Tasker's interface, Automate is quite nice.

I have spent the last few days familiarizing myself with how Automate works, and it's really a pretty awesome tool. Every block that checks the status of anything can be either a simple one time check, or an entirely new trigger in the middle of the flow. In other words it can check status and move on, or it can await a change in that status.

However, the only reason I looked at it was to find something that would work if I ever have to upgrade to a newer phone, with a newer version of android. Right now that is not an issue, so I'm sticking with Automagic until hell freezes over if possible, because designing flows in Automagic is a thousand times more enjoyable than the interface of Automate.

I would strongly advise anyone who is not a long-time Tasker user not to waste their time, and go to Automate if they must go somewhere. At least the interface will be much more comprehensible. I exchanged a few messages with the developer of Tasker years back when I first tried it. He admitted that he had rushed the product out so that it would be the first of its kind on the market, and that he is not at all skilled at user interfaces. I have always, always believed him...lol

wcypierre

Post by wcypierre » 26 Mar 2021 11:16

gosh, I just realized that automagic is no longer in development.

Agree with what guuzendesu said, in fact I came from automate years ago and seems like eventually I will have to move back to automate again

Wibbly

Post by Wibbly » 26 Mar 2021 13:22

guuzendesu wrote:
23 Feb 2021 12:27
Automate is very similar, and in several ways far more powerful than Automagic. However, the interface is a bit of hell in comparison.
I had a quick look at Automate. Still need to get my head around the different paradigms has has for triggers/actions/conditions/flows. It seems all its flows are expected to be running in a loop all the time? Anyway, if we want to discuss AM -> Automate migration, we should probably start another topic? And maybe not on this forum :-S

tsolignani

Post by tsolignani » 26 Mar 2021 17:20

I'm still using automatic, I am not upgrading further android 9 and I hope I can keep going like that. It would be so good if someone would buy automatic and continue development.