add App to Android SHARE MENU

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

jlg

add App to Android SHARE MENU

Post by jlg » 14 Jun 2020 22:46

Hi every one, I am new to this site and hope to get some feed back on this topic.
Is there a way, preferably not too complicated, to add an App to Android's SHARE MENU using AUTOMAGIC. To be well understood, may be it is best to give a practical example.
From my file manager (Xplore) I long click on an image file (JPG) and then click on SHARE and Android's SHARE MENU opens. The SHARE MENU displays many apps to choose, but the one I am interested called PHOTOLAYERS does not appear. Has any one got an idea what I can do to either add it to the SHARE MENU or any other way to be able to choose which PHOTO EDITOR i want to use.
In fact depending on what I want to do, it is better to use different PHOTO EDITOR apps. I already contacted the apps support of PHOTOLAYERS, but I got no reply.
Thanks a lot.

Hit

Re: add App to Android SHARE MENU

Post by Hit » 14 Jun 2020 23:25

First, can you provide the Playstore link to the app because I have an app named Photo editor and it appeared in share menu in X-plore

You should post this in User Help / Bug Reports.

jlg

Re: add App to Android SHARE MENU

Post by jlg » 15 Jun 2020 10:16

so here is the PlayStore link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... hotolayers

I also have the PHOTO EDITOR app and it appears in the SHARE MENU in X-plore. PHOTOLAYERS is very stable, easy to use and has some functionalities PHOTO EDITOR has not. So I will use PHOTO EDITOR and PHOTOLAYERS depending on what I want to do.

Appologies for not posting in USER HELP section. I am a very respectful person and if you tell me how to do that I will do so. I am not experienced with Forums, so you may understand I do not know all the tools and rules yet.

You might say that this question has already been answered, but I can not do much with the provided answers as they are only understandable by experienced Linux and Automagic users. So if some one is kind enough to spent a little bit more of his time and could provide an answer understandable by a novice, I would be grateful. Surely other Automagic users have already abandoned to post as they did not get replies understandable by them. I hope I will not go through the same experience and have to find out everything about Automagic by myself. I find Automagic a fantastic product. A big Thanks to the developpers!!!