Open app, turn screen on, wait, turn screen off?

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

Bertarman

Open app, turn screen on, wait, turn screen off?

Post by Bertarman » 29 Jul 2019 17:45

Hello, I'm very new to this app and thought that I would be able to easily figure this out, but haven't. :?

I want to have a wall mounted tablet turn on and open my home security cam app using Motion Detector when someone walks near it and then after 20 or 30 seconds turn off again until activated again by motion.

I can get it to turn on and open the app, but then it doesn't turn off and the Flow has an emergency stop and turns off.

Can someone point me in the right direction please or spell out what I need to do?

Thank you very much!

Martin

Re: Open app, turn screen on, wait, turn screen off?

Post by Martin » 30 Jul 2019 19:52

Hi,

Could you please share the flow with us so we can see why there's an emergency stop? This should only happen when the flow is executed very frequently or when the flow has an loop and executes too many actions in a minute.

Regards,
Martin

Desmanto

Re: Open app, turn screen on, wait, turn screen off?

Post by Desmanto » 01 Aug 2019 18:22

How do you create the trigger for the motion detector? Emergency stop happens when the flow execute too many elements in 1 minute (default 60). You can create a sleep in between to make it doesn't triggered to frequently. But I still need to see how you do it, in order to suggest the best solution.

Other similar flow that might be suit your need, Screen saver flow : viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6963
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.