Scripts - language and tutorial

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

Uli

Scripts - language and tutorial

Post by Uli » 24 Apr 2019 00:50

Hi,

for programming code you use scripts. There exists many language for Scripts.

* Which language do you use?
* Is there any zutorial for programming your scripts?

Kind regards
Uli 😉👍🏼

Desmanto

Re: Scripts - language and tutorial

Post by Desmanto » 24 Apr 2019 17:39

Automagic use it's own scripting syntax, it is not compatible with other. But as it influenced mainly by java and javascript, there are a lot of function that behaves similarly. There is a good documentation for the script, just look at the help page of the script/expression (tap the question mark icon at the right of the script window). I started there too before I started to use Automagic. You can also visit my index, at the general section, I have put the link there.

There is no pdf/book that explain step by step for Automagic scripting. I ever thought about creating ebook pdf, documenting various scripting technique I use in my flow. I have created so many scripting pattern, that sometimes I forgot how I did it and have to dig many flows just to see the examples. :( I should started to document it now, for my own future reference too. But again, too many distraction. My ISP just give me trouble and I have to redesign all of my IP based flow to suit to the new network configuration for a month.

You can learn other programming language, and usually it will improve your automagic scripting skill at the same time. I recommend javascript and python, and if you want more, try java too. We will learn more as we create more flows. I learn most of the scripting technique while creating the flow and during some curious testing.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

Uli

Post by Uli » 25 Apr 2019 15:12

Thank you very much Desmanto

... I will try "learning by doing" 😉

Bye 👋🏻

BoBo

Post by BoBo » 18 Mar 2020 00:21

JFTR; bei Heise.de (Herausgeber c't-Magazin) wurden gerade App-gestützte Programmiersprachen behandelt. Hier die Links:

Py
SoloLearn
Grasshopper (nett, aber ein JavaScript-Derivat, sprich kein 'reines' JS)

Unter Windows verwende ich auch AutoHotkey.
BTW, Java/JavaScript/Python sind die aktuell meistgenutzten Programmiersprachen (nach Auswertung von Entwicklerportalen).

Good luck 8-)