How do I "select all"?

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

tsolignani

How do I "select all"?

Post by tsolignani » 28 Jan 2019 08:17

I can copy, cut, paste, but how do I select all text of the element I currently am inside?

I have a not rooted device.

Thank you.

Desmanto

Re: How do I "select all"?

Post by Desmanto » 28 Jan 2019 17:55

selectAll() require Automagic keyboard to be active as the default keyboard. Unfortunately you need root to do it automatically. You have to switch to it first before running selectAll(). use Set Default Input Method - Automagic Premium (keyboard), then control UI - selectAll(). Do all the control UI stuff and after finish the flow, use Set Default Input Method again, and set back to your default keyboard.

Non root solution require you to use Show input Method Selector, use Control UI to switcht to Automagic Premium (Keyboard), selectAll(), do othe control UI stuff. Then revert back again using the same method. Non root solution have the UI distraction at the beginning and end of the flow. (the keyboad selection pop up).
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

tsolignani

Post by tsolignani » 28 Jan 2019 20:14

Desmanto wrote:selectAll() require Automagic keyboard to be active as the default keyboard. Unfortunately you need root to do it automatically. You have to switch to it first before running selectAll(). use Set Default Input Method - Automagic Premium (keyboard), then control UI - selectAll(). Do all the control UI stuff and after finish the flow, use Set Default Input Method again, and set back to your default keyboard.

Non root solution require you to use Show input Method Selector, use Control UI to switcht to Automagic Premium (Keyboard), selectAll(), do othe control UI stuff. Then revert back again using the same method. Non root solution have the UI distraction at the beginning and end of the flow. (the keyboad selection pop up).
Thank you very much.

Trying the non root way, show input method selector doesn't work most of the times. I have no clue why, there are no error on the log, 4 times out of 5 it just doesn't show anything, sometimes it does but I don't know why. I have a note 9 with Android 8.

Thank you.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 29 Jan 2019 16:07

Show Input Method Selector is working properly at mine, Redmi Note 5 RR 7.0.0 Pie 9.0. It is also working fine when I am in RR 6.2.0, Oreo 8.1. Try to execute the action manually. Go the Show Input Method Selector > 3 dot menu (top right) > execute. See if it execute properly all the time.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

tsolignani

Post by tsolignani » 30 Jan 2019 09:09

Thank you very much for taking the time to help me.
I did the try and nothing happens when I click on execute I tried several times I have no idea why.
I made a short clip please see at

https://www.dropbox.com/s/niljebagqikru ... 7.mp4?dl=0

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 30 Jan 2019 17:28

Oh, you should tap the edit icon and go inside the Show Input Method Selector and 3 dot menu from there.

I can't see the whole flow, but there is something on the top of the flow, preventing the flow from executing until the show input method part.

tsolignani

Post by tsolignani » 30 Jan 2019 20:37

Ahahah Sorry, my mistake.
Doing your way, it shows.
Thank you.
I attached the whole flow, maybe it is useful to analyze.
Thanks again.

PS the flow condition is true, for following actions are executed.
Attachments
flow_FirefoxToBuffer_20190130_213436.xml
(4.77 KiB) Downloaded 873 times

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 31 Jan 2019 17:51

From what I see from the flow, you don't need selectAll(). If you don't use it, there is no need to switch to Automagic keyboard. Just use the Control UI directly. And for short sleep, it is use the script version instead, sleep(2s).

tsolignani

Post by tsolignani » 01 Feb 2019 09:57

Thank you.

Please forgive me, but this is just a bit of the entire flow, and it's even a bit scrambled, for I am still working on it, but I do need select all.

This flow launches when I copy a link in firefox and opens a composer dialog in buffer so that I can share the link to my social accounts with some remarks of mine (if you're asking why I don't use the android system sharing feature, it's becausa that way buffer doesn't work so good, you have to write the remarks twice, facebook do not allow to write it once that way, nonsense but true).

Before sharing, I have to select all the text into the composer windows to delete it, for buffer inserts the link into its dedicated field, so that I have to delete it from the composer window, where then I write my accompanying comments or remarks.

Another way would be to make automagic do some backwards deleting (backspace), that would suffice, but you never know how many for it's up the link's length.

And I also would like to learn how to select all for I need in other flows as well.

Thank you.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 01 Feb 2019 18:05

No need to apologize, I am just aiming for the most efficient way to do something. Control UI + Show Input Method selector will distract the UI for a while, so prefer not to use it if possible. If your flow need it, then it can't be help, just minimize the usage.

I don't use buffer. You can try to see using the Show overlay info, that you can use any kind of the getText() function to retrieve the text without selecting it. If it is possible, you really don't need the Show Input Method Selector anymore. Backware deleting can be done in script, by using substring and count from the string length minus certain number of char. Or even better, you can use regex to parse the pattern and removing unnecessary part.