can't unlock by finger print as it's locked by admin

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

yxd0018

can't unlock by finger print as it's locked by admin

Post by yxd0018 » 27 Jan 2019 14:47

Using action "lock device" to lock the screen, but seems it's locked by admin so that I can't use fingerprint to unlock it. Does anyone have a better solution to use fingerprint in locking?

Desmanto

Re: can't unlock by finger print as it's locked by admin

Post by Desmanto » 27 Jan 2019 17:13

What is your device android version? Lock Device will always lock everything and prompt the password/pattern. The only way you can lock device and still able to unlock using fingerprint is to use Execute Root Command, input keyevent POWER, to emulate the power button press. Obviously, this need root. Other than that, only android Pie 9.0 support lockScreen() in Control UI, which don't prompt for password upon unlock.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

yxd0018

Post by yxd0018 » 27 Jan 2019 18:05

I have lineageOS 16 = android 9. I tried both input event POWER and lockScreen() from UI control (which I end with), both works with fingerprint. The drawback is, like power button, it won't lock until timeout. it's sufficient for me now. Thanks. You know a lot of these control actions.

yxd0018

Post by yxd0018 » 27 Jan 2019 21:12

I have an issue that {ssid} always return null or <unknown ssid> when connect to wifi. I checked the exported xml and find no assignment statement. I don't see {ssid} in the debug condition. Is {ssid} built-in var or user-defined var? How do I debug this issue?

yxd0018

Post by yxd0018 » 27 Jan 2019 21:56

It turns out for android 8+, you have to turn on GPS in order to get SSID. I always turn off GPS to conserve battery. Not sure how I can achieve both.

yxd0018

Post by yxd0018 » 27 Jan 2019 23:16

Another finding is the {ssid} seems not get value unless right after condition WIFI connected all SSIDs. And {ssid} won't pass along value across flows so I have to save the value into global var as I consolidate all wifi setting into a wifi init flow.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 28 Jan 2019 17:51

I follow tightly every Automagic new version feature and test it immediately. Hence I know what new trick I can use.

As I answer in my navigation apps thread, I turn on location feature all the time, but at battery saving mode. Actually, even leaving the location at high accuracy mode won't consume more battery. Because it is only being used when there is app requesting high accuracy location. So better leave location on, battery saving mode. Try it out and check if it drains more battery. You have no choice, this is the limitation since Oreo 8.0.

{ssid} seems have some problem for AP with the same ssid, but different bssid. I still don't quite get the problem, but in Automagic 1.37.0 EAP, there is option to check for the bssid. Probably the problem will be solved once 1.37.0 is released.

Any local variable (non global) won't pass across flow, unless you use execute flow to trigger other flow. You have to save it to glovar as the exchange variable. This is actually good, to have each flow separated from each other. So you can reuse similar concept for different flows, running at the same time. I use for(i in list) something like this a lot. If the {i} is the same across the flows (not separated), there are so many disaster will happen.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.