AutoMagic vs. MacroDroid

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

cska133

AutoMagic vs. MacroDroid

Post by cska133 » 27 Dec 2018 15:57

Hallo,

I am new in the forum and in the thematic acout automatisation in general. So I would like to compare both Automagic and MacroDroid. Could someone help me why to prefer the one over the other. Where the one is better than the other?

Thanks for clarifying

Desmanto

Re: AutoMagic vs. MacroDroid

Post by Desmanto » 27 Dec 2018 17:26

Hi, since you ask here, probably you know already you won't get objective answer. Of course, you ask in this forum, expect that the users will say Automagic is better. :D

I am ex tasker user. I only try MacroDroid for a while, and get back to tasker immediately. So can't say much about it, but for me tasker is still better than Macrodroid. I tried Automagic and after several testing, fell in love with Automagic till now. You can find my long comparison for Tasker vs Automagic here : viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6809

For starter, I would recommend to avoid tasker, since the learning curve is steeper. Macrodroid probably can be a good start, although I find Automagic is also intuitive enough for starter, and still as powerful as tasker. Automagic has the evaluation you can try here : http://automagic4android.com/en/evaluation. While Macrodroid can be tried directly from playstore.

The other things to consider, is to list at least 5 things that you want to put into automation and try to find them in this forum (or you can ask here), particularly flow sharing subforum. You don't want to spend your time learning something new and then found out it is not powerful enough to do the things you want.

For more objective answer, you can try to see reddit : https://www.reddit.com/r/androidapps/co ... te_or_any/
That link also contribute to how I ended up choosing Automagic.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.