Apps to show you coordinates

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

robchoc

Apps to show you coordinates

Post by robchoc » 01 Nov 2018 18:26

Does anyone know of any apps that show you coordinates on your screen?

I'm looking for something that would take a screenshot and I can draw a selection on the screen and it would give me the X,Y, Width and Height in pixels.

The developer options are very tricky to work with as you have to calculate the width and height and have to keep your finger pressed on the screen whilst reading the hard to read coordinates that change with slightest finger movement.

Look forward to your replies.

cjt7777

Re: Apps to show you coordinates

Post by cjt7777 » 02 Nov 2018 15:11

I used 'YAMTT'. Problem is that it only shows the co-ordinates when you're in the app. Anyway it was good enough for what I needed it for...

Desmanto

Re: Apps to show you coordinates

Post by Desmanto » 03 Nov 2018 18:27

On-screen Ruler probably suit your need. But you can always create your own custom widget for it. Create the widget as big as your screen resolution and add some mark point to it to indicate the resolution grid/interval.

If what you want is a element width height, it is much easier to use CUI and use getBounds() for the proper element. Unfortunately we still don't have method to trigger the CUI overlay INFO button. Martin is considering to add it as new action in the future release.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.