TouchGesture

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

regissg

TouchGesture

Post by regissg » 08 Aug 2018 08:07

Could someone explain with more details how touchgesture works?

I am using AutoMagic to control Skype and make it simpler to use for elderly people with just one button to hangup an ongoing call.

I am using AM to overlay a big hangup button on the existing Skype buttons. When the senior clicks on my hangup button I use an AM script to click on the proper Skype hangup button.

All that is working very well but the problem is that during Skype video calls, after few seconds skype removes its buttons from the screen. The user needs to touch the screen to make the Skype buttons reappear.

I am trying to use touchgesure in my script to simulate a user touch on the screen and make the skype buttons appear again.

I am using this script "touchGesture(0, 300 newList(1000,700))" but it does not work properly.

Any suggestions to fix that?

Desmanto

Re: TouchGesture

Post by Desmanto » 09 Aug 2018 15:35

What android version does the tablet have? Touch gesture only available at Nougat 7.0+. If you press show overlay control, you will see the Red Gesture button. Use that to record the gesture. You need to point it to the same UI when the skype hide the control. So you need to record the gesture during skype call.

Other method, you can try to use back() button to press back, to see if the UI appear again. Try to use the Overlay to see if there is any button you can press to make it appear again.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

regissg

Post by regissg » 10 Aug 2018 07:21

TouchGesture did work. I just forgot to remove my widget that disable gestures on the skype screen to avoid senior to swipe the screen and get lost

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 10 Aug 2018 16:15

Oh, so it is a nougat tablet then. What tablet? It is working properly now?
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.