Essentially you are editing in another device emulator in the PC.
- Install Virtualbox
- Install Bliss oreo iso (follow the thread instruction)
- Login and setup as you do with new phone
- Configure the virtualbox network and let it passthru/can see the main phone IP (either as NAT/Bridged)
- Install Automagic in the Bliss
- Design and create al the flow in Bliss
- After finish, use Action send flow and export it as XML
- Start Automagic HTTP request trigger flow in the main, make sure it is visible to the virtual box (need to configure firewall if you have)
- Use action HTTP request to upload the exported xml to the main phone IP.
- Main phone triggered, parse the xml and find the flow name imported using regex.
- Main phone delete the detected flow name and then import the xml
Phew, that was long and not included the tiny devil setting you need to google out till you can. You only to setup the virtualbox and bliss once though, but still a lot of hassle, even for me. I only set it up because I need to test the oreo feature.
QR code is easy. Simply type all the text you want, copy paste it to qrcode creator, such as Zint Barcode Generator. But I use Eventghost (Can be called as the Automagic for Windows) to create the QR. Use automagic Scan Barcode action to scan it and copy it to clipboard. This is because my PC are not allowed to connect to the same network as my phone. If at home, I simply use the same HTTP request trigger, use eventghost to send http request and send the clipboard over to the network. I use the similar to send the clipboard back to the PC.
But, forget about those above. I found a better solution for most user. Just mirror your screen to your PC. You only need to install adb driver for your phone and the binary (included) and maybe setup it as system-wide (configure th path). You don't have to do it if you have setup it before. (I am sure most power user here already done it).
Then simply download scrcpy from github, article is on xda
. Unpack, connect your phone to the pc via usb, until it is detected as the adb devices (enable the usb debugging). Double click scrcpy.exe, and done.
I found the method last month, but only use it starting this sunday, and have been using it till now. There are a lot of limitation compared to emulator, but at least it works fine and you have a full working Automagic in the real device. You can reduce the resolution and bitrate if the view is too lag. My phone is SD617 with Full HD resolution. For me, this works fine
Setting the bitrate to 4 Mbps (default 8 Mbps) and resolution max 1280 (720x1280). YMMV. Try out your own setting. You can even watch video with slight framedrop if you want. Not additional app needed, only this scrcpy and the adb. Easily beat all other mirroring solution.
I am configuring the way to send the clipboard and file directly thru adb. It takes so many test. Basically using Automagic to extend the scrcpy function (maybe can be called mirrorception
) such as the limited text copy, switching app, zooming and copying files. Try it out, if a lot found it useful, I might share my flow after finish. (takes a long time)
PS : I post this using scrcpy thru my phone