Automagic Flow Editor?

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

Scott

Re: Automagic Flow Editor?

Post by Scott » 07 Apr 2018 17:27

Thank you. Scrcpy works well and is super easy to use. I have a Galaxy S9+ and it seems to be able to handle the default resolution (it better be able to handle it!). I seem to be OK by simply running scrcpy.exe directly.

I guess it would be nitpicking to wish I didn't have to leave the phone's screen on while I used it.
Last edited by Scott on 07 Apr 2018 18:18, edited 1 time in total.
Samsung Galaxy S9+ (unrooted and cannot/will not root), Android 9.0
Latest stable Automagic version, always

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 07 Apr 2018 18:07

I just change the screen brightness to the minimum and auto rotation on. This is my batch script

Code: Select all

@echo off
adb shell am broadcast -a com.scrcpy
scrcpy -b 4M -m 1280
At my phone, I use trigger General broadcast to catch the same com.scrcpy boradcast and set the state. Then another USB unplugged event to reverse the state back.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

digitalstone

Post by digitalstone » 16 Apr 2018 18:23

So i've been trying Scrcpy today and it's is indeed very handy and easy to use (it's actually just opening an executable).
...it's not even a matter of "trying" :lol:

It's mirroring-only, which indeed causes impossibilities when wanting to install stuff or have greater control.
But that's what Bliss on Virtualbox is for.
Have to try that too once i have a time-window.

And thanks for the CMD-script for the screen. I was wondering about that.

1 question though: How can i do a pinch in/out on Scrcpy?
Phone: LG Nexus 5X (rooted vanilla Android 7.1.2)

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 17 Apr 2018 11:03

You mean you can't use any input in the mirroring? You probably haven't allow the adb secure feature in the Developer option. After enabling it, you can use adb input and its kind, allowing full control using the mouse or keyboard.

I still haven't found way to pinch zoom in/out. I am trying out the sendevent to send the tap touch swipe to simulate the pinch. This has been requested as feature. In the mean time, I just some quick hack from adb shell to broadcast and include the data needed. The clipboard is limited to 300 chars and no line break. I am trying to send the clipboard using file and use Control UI paste() to retrieve the text. Not fully tested yet.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

digitalstone

Post by digitalstone » 17 Apr 2018 13:49

No, i meant that i can't have full control in the sense to copy text from some textbox and then paste/send it elsewhere.
It isn't an emulator or simulator. So it's not actually doing anything i guess.
So that's where Bliss comes in.
But i do have full keyboard/mouse control though. And adb.exe is reachable from any directory.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 17 Apr 2018 17:18

Oh, that's the limitation. The dev is working on it, but not going to be implemented soon. For now, a possible mirroring-controlling with such perfomance is sufficient already. I need to learn python again to use some scripting in eventghost, in order to transfer the clipboard via am broadcast. Haven't found the time yet. Just finish indexing Automagic's Forum till yesterday.

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 29 May 2018 09:06

scrcpy is updated to 1.2 today. Horray! Double click now is working already. There are some additional feature. Since the last time I posted this, I have managed to sorted out some limitation by combining it with Automagic. I use the adb broadcast in eventghost and put some parameter to pass the argument. In Automagic, I use General Broadcast to react to that broadcast. Some of them such as
1. first start, will turn off auto brightness, set brightness to 1, set the orientation to landscape, screen no timeout, and keyboard to automagic keyboard (so not distracted by the soft keyboard). Upon unplugging, it will automatically restore those setting to default.
2. copy pasting which is painfully slow using adb input, now I replace it using adb broadcast, encode the clipboard from PC and send it via the broadcast. Now I can paste clipboard with strange chinese/japanese characater or text with multiple lines.
3. There is no way to copy from the android's clipboard to PC. So I manage to use adb broadcast to send a command asking the Automagic to copy current android's clipboard to PC. Then output it to a text file. Using adb shell cat to output that command and set it to PC's clipboard. Now I have full clipboard syncing method between both devices. (I still need long press to copy the text in Android)
4. I am still working on to make it wireless adb. I already can do it manually, but need to make it full auto by triggering the adb from HTTP request trigger.

Automagic, Eventghost, scrcpy; really blends very well.

digitalstone

Post by digitalstone » 29 May 2018 17:35

That's good news. I'm still (also) setting up my programming/experimental computer at my other desk.
So when that's done, i can go full at it. There's still a bookmark in my "common's" that wants me to setup the Android/PC broadcast ;)

mbirth

Post by mbirth » 05 Jul 2018 14:55

What about casting the screen to a TV and using a bluetooth keyboard/mouse?
BlackBerry KEY2, Android 8.1.0

wired4sound

Post by wired4sound » 25 Jan 2019 04:26

Not the same. Most of us have a productive area of comfort and convenience for working on projects from a PC that maximizes our productivity and creativity.