Android Wear Mute

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

tommy536

Android Wear Mute

Post by tommy536 » 05 Dec 2017 15:31

Hello,

i am using a Huawei Watch with AW2.0. For a better vibration intensity i installed the app "feel the wear". FtW can also send a Soundstream for Notifications and Calls as a sound file.

The Problem is, i would like to mute the watch when i am in the office or elsewhere. I have tried several things such as reducing the system settings for AW for Alarm, Sounds and calls to 0. But, the sound also plays lound on the watch.

The app feel the wear supports variables that i can use. There are two variables for mute and unmute. But, how can i activate the special variables through Automagic?

Greetings,

Thomas

mattd_nf

Re: Android Wear Mute

Post by mattd_nf » 07 Dec 2017 15:52

Hi Thomas,

You can send these variables to Feel the Wear using the "Send Broadcast" action in Automagic.

For mute, you set-up the action with the "action" field having a value of "sk.martinflorek.wear.feelthewear.command.MUTE".
For unmute the command is "sk.martinflorek.wear.feelthewear.command.UNMUTE".

If you're looking to just silence the sound, I believe you can use the action "sk.martinflorek.wear.feelthewear.command.SOUND_VOLUME" with the following in the "extras" section...

Code: Select all

putString("sk.martinflorek.wear.feelthewear.extra.COMMAND_SOUND_VOLUME_MODE", "global");
putInt("sk.martinflorek.wear.feelthewear.extra.SOUND_VOLUME_VALUE", 75);
where the "75" value is the volume that you want to get (i.e. 0 for mute)

Also, make sure the you've turned on automation in Feel the Wear. This is enabled by pressing on the engine icon in the top right corner of the main Feel the Wear window and making sure the engine icon in the bottom right corner of the "automation" window is green. You may also have to make sure that the "Use Custom Sound Volume" option is enabled in the settings.