Automate Firewall

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

Desmanto

Re: Automate Firewall

Post by Desmanto » 21 Sep 2017 02:11

Basically we are using automagic to enhance other app feature. :) I also currently creating a flow to enhance other app function too, to create a statistic how many minutes I have spent using that app per day and make a report of past 7 days or 30 days.
Index of Automagic useful thread List of my other useful posts (and others')
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

simon_magus101

Post by simon_magus101 » 02 Oct 2017 00:59

I just migrated from Android 4.4 to 7.1. Looks like Droidwall does not work with Nougat, Omnirom. AFWall+ works for me and there is a Tasker plugin for it. Can this same plugin works with Automagic? How? I have never use Tasker.

simon_magus101

Post by simon_magus101 » 02 Oct 2017 02:24

Never mind. I found the Plugin Action. Awesome Automagic.

heliosone

Post by heliosone » 19 May 2019 08:50

Im on 8.1 (mimax3 / miui) using latest am and 3.1.0 AFwall+ ===> AFwall crashes everytime I invoke the plugin action
Using it with/without modify configuration and/or timeout doesnt make any difference :(
afwall starts applying the changed rule,and then crashes
Are there any workarounds,or other ways to make AFwall switch profiles ?

well another workaround for me would be to add/remove a rule or disable/enable wifi&cell for a certain app via command.
is this possible ?

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 19 May 2019 16:05

@heliosone : Does AFWall+ have root command mode? If yes, you can use Execute root command on the command produced by AFWall+. I ever tried AFWall, but IMHO, it is too slow. And I don't need it anymore, so never try it again.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 (whyred), AOSP Extended v6.7 build 20200310 Official, Android Pie 9.0, Rooted.

heliosone

Post by heliosone » 20 May 2019 07:29

do you have a better alternative to AFwall ?
What do you mean exactly with "root command mode" ?

Update :
And again you helped me :) as I checked through all the options@AFwall Preferences looking for command mode,I also saw the PluginOption part I never looked at/nor saw before.
There was only one options => disable tasker plugin toast messages.
So I disabled that,and tried again,and YEAHHH it works without crashing.
soooooooo strange,but the happy tingling feeling was worth the wait :)
BUt please still let me know if you know a better/faster alternative to afwall,as afwall sometimes hangs with "checking for root",and wont apply the changed iprules :(

Desmanto

Post by Desmanto » 25 May 2019 15:49

I am trying various command too last time, but so far none is working. I also want to limit new apps internet access directly on install. So far I have to do it semi manually using Control UI. I will look upon this again after finishing some of my other flow.

nikitashete903

Post by nikitashete903 » 12 Jul 2019 05:15

The square is for single application just, yet I haven't tried it out. The idea is typically done by means of nearby VPN server. All applications need to go through this nearby vpn and the vpn will figure out which application can pass through it. Be that as it may, facilitating vpn server will deplete more battery, despite the fact that it is neighborhood. As it channel all traffic. In the event that it will be executed, I wish there are granular control to the server, for example, we can separate the area/url that the application demand, can give it a chance to pass, square or divert it to another url or even join with HTTP demand server to show message, for example, "This is blocked space".