Timeriffic like flow or multiple flows?

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

srvctec

Timeriffic like flow or multiple flows?

Post by srvctec » 19 Jun 2017 14:30

Title says it all. I've been using Timeriffic for many years and bought Automagic over a year ago to handle getting the screen brightness correct on my Samsung Note 4 since Timeriffic no longer could do it properly. It's been unsupported/abandoned for years and now I want to have Automagic do everything Timeriffic does on my phone so I can uninstall Timeriffic. I did a search and only found one post pertaining to Timeriffic way back in 2013.

My question is can I make one really long flow that will do everything Timeriffic does for me or do I have to make a bunch of separate flows for every single thing I want changed? If I can make one long flow, that's where I get stuck trying to figure out how to do that.

I've tried attaching screenshots of my Timeriffic setup but then get in a login loop for some reason.

Martin

Re: Timeriffic like flow or multiple flows?

Post by Martin » 20 Jun 2017 19:23

Hi,

I usually don't recommend to do everything in one complex flow but to split the functionality into multiple flows but if you change the same settings often in the same way (like a profile) then you could add the actions pertaining to one profile into one flow, for example called 'Activate Profile X' and then either add multiple triggers to the flow (for each time to activate) or create separate flows for each trigger and use an action 'Execute Flows: Activate Profile X'.

Regards,
Martin

srvctec

Re: Timeriffic like flow or multiple flows?

Post by srvctec » 20 Jun 2017 22:17

Thanks, Martin! I'll give that a try.