Location and time specific reminders?

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

Arminius

Location and time specific reminders?

Post by Arminius » 08 Jan 2017 12:13

I've started a new job, have about a thousand time specific tasks, was hoping to make a reminder that will trigger at certain times and only in the work location.

I've tried a few different triggers, can't get it right, hoping someone can point me in the right direction please.

Duni

Re: Location and time specific reminders?

Post by Duni » 08 Jan 2017 16:35

Several questions ;)

1. Do these tasks occur in periodical intervals or at fixed times?

2. Are the tasks always different or reoccurring?

3. How are could you determine your work location? Only via the location trigger or could you also check if you're connected to a specific WiFi network?

Maybe you can upload what you've created so far. Would make it much easier to help.

Arminius

Post by Arminius » 08 Jan 2017 18:24

Duni wrote:Several questions ;)

1. Do these tasks occur in periodical intervals or at fixed times?

2. Are the tasks always different or reoccurring?

3. How are could you determine your work location? Only via the location trigger or could you also check if you're connected to a specific WiFi network?

Maybe you can upload what you've created so far. Would make it much easier to help.
1. Fixed Times.

2. Reoccurring.

3. Location or WiFi.

I've never uploaded a workflow before, does it go on its own thread which I then link to?

Duni

Post by Duni » 08 Jan 2017 20:23

When you use the 'PUBLISH FLOWS/WIDGETS' button here in the forum and select the respective flows, it'll create a link to your flow which you can then paste in your reply.

Alternatively you can use the 'Send flow' feature in the menu of the flow or group itself. This will allow to save them as XML which you can then upload to your reply.

Duni

Post by Duni » 08 Jan 2017 20:44

I've attached a group with 3 very simple flows. Each flow is time-based triggered and checks if your phone is connected to the specified WiFi networks, e.g. at work, before the notification reminder is displayed. Each time-based flow represents one of the tasks you want to receive reminders for.

Alternatively you could use your calendar app create a work specific calendar, deactivate the reminders of this calendar itself and let Automagic only notify you for its entries when you're actually at work. That's how I put my phone automatically to silent during meetings when I'm at work.
Attachments
Time_based_reminders_at_work.xml
(7.69 KiB) Downloaded 866 times