How to print the manual (to PDF) with a white background

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

marceepoo

How to print the manual (to PDF) with a white background

Post by marceepoo » 13 Dec 2016 23:02

Does anyone know of a way to print the manual to a PDF file, without a black background, i.e., so that the characters are in black and the background is white?
I haven't been able to use Automagic (even though I paid for it a year ago or more) because I can't print out the manual and study it.
I have trouble reading the manual with a black background (with the characters being white on Black) because of a personal reading handicap.
I would like to print the manual to a PDF file (with a white background, and black characters), so that I could then use the yellow highlighter in Acrobat to highlight various things, so that I could more readily understand and follow the manual's instructions. It is the way I learn.
If anyone has any suggestions, they would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Marceepoo

Martin

Re: How to print the manual (to PDF) with a white background

Post by Martin » 18 Dec 2016 21:11

Hi,

In Google Chrome you can use menu->Print... expand More settings... and deselect Background graphics. The text will not be black but at least you can remove the black background.

For Google Chrome there exist also plugins like Stylebot that allow to modify the colors for a webpage.

Regards,
Martin

wilsonch

Post by wilsonch » 07 Mar 2017 00:36

I noticed just now when I was looking at the online documentation pages that my phone browser offered to make the page "mobile friendly" for me. When I clicked it showed me a simpler version of the page but with a white background and black text. I did not try to print. YMMV.

Econdoc

Post by Econdoc » 25 Jun 2017 18:38

Where do I find the manual? I could not find a link to it on this webpage.

Bingwu

Post by Bingwu » 25 Jun 2017 18:46

I guess the help pages are meant.
http://automagic4android.com/en/help