How to send a file to an Network drive?

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

Cebrero

How to send a file to an Network drive?

Post by Cebrero » 19 Nov 2016 11:41

I'm searching a way to send more files at once to a network drive (SMB Share) on my PC in the work.

With ex file explorer I can enter a password and username and have the access to the drive on the server.
Is there any way to copy files? FTP and normal file copy don't work.

I also tried to send the files via email to my PC on work as workaround. But with email I can't send more than one file in one email.

I need to copy a whole directory at once.

Please could anyone help me?

Thanks Mario

Martin

Re: How to send a file to an Network drive?

Post by Martin » 20 Nov 2016 12:57

Hi,

Uploading files to an SMB share is not supported by Automagic. You could use an app like FolderSync which supports SMB. According to the app description FolderSync might provide a plugin that can be used in Automagic.
You could also use action Init Variable File List to load the list of files and send the files with action Mail with Gmail. Use {files,listformat} to attach all files. ALternatively you could also zip the files and send zip-archive by mail.

Regards,
Martin

bogdyro

Post by bogdyro » 20 Nov 2016 15:01

Maybe it's podsible to host a ftp server on the computer and use ftp copy ?

Cebrero

Post by Cebrero » 20 Nov 2016 16:20

Thanks!

I tried email, but it wouldn't send the mail. It says it can't connect to snap.gmail.com port 587.
I have a working Wi-Fi and the email account ...@googlemail.com

What's the cause?
I'm going to try the external pgm. Thanks for the tips and the good work @martin since years.

Caused by: android.system.ErrnoException: connect failed: EHOSTUNREACH (No route to host)

Caused by: java.net.ConnectException: failed to connect to smtp.gmail.com/2a00:1450:4013:c06::6d (port 587): connect failed: EHOSTUNREACH (

Martin

Post by Martin » 22 Nov 2016 13:29

Hi,

Your device can't connect to gmail.com for some reason. Maybe you are using some kind of firewall that blocks access to gmail.com or there's another networking issue. Try to turn off WiFi and see if the connection works.
You could also try an alternative google mail host. On the flow list press menu->Manage->Preferences->Workarounds->Alternate gmail host and enter smtp.googlemail.com. Sometimes it also helps to use an IP address like 173.194.79.108 (use ping smtp.gmail.com to get the IP from your location).

Regards,
Martin

Cebrero

Post by Cebrero » 22 Nov 2016 15:27

Thanks!
Finally I get it to work with the workaround and inserting a IP address.
The IP of smtp.gmail.com did it.

Does this pinged IP change at any time?

Martin

Post by Martin » 23 Nov 2016 19:10

I don't know if the IP actually changes but it's definitely possible. Using a host name like smtp.googlemail.com would be preferable.
Please also try to restart your phone, maybe there's an IP caching issue on your device.

Regards,
Martin