deleting missed call notifications

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

nbi

deleting missed call notifications

Post by nbi » 17 Nov 2016 17:17

These notifications are so annoying and Marshmallow has no way to delete them based on specific notification type. To my surprise I didn't find a flow in the shared flows forum for this.

So I guess it's time to roll up sleeves and dig in. Here's my thoughts on a flow:

1. trigger on missed call
2. condition to save ID of missed call notification
3. action to remove notification corresponding to saved ID

Seems simple enough. Look good?

nbi

Re: deleting missed call notifications

Post by nbi » 17 Nov 2016 17:43

Ok, variable for Notification ID not necessary because "Remove Notification" can be tied to a specific app. Nicely done Martin.

But......
"Remove Notification" can only be tied to 1 (one) app. That's a bug IMHO. Why? Because the "Notification on Statusbar Displayed" condition allows multiple apps to be listed. It would be nice if the same apps could be listed in a subsequent "Remove Notification".

The workaround for this bug is obvious - one "Remove Notification" action for each of the apps listed in "Notification on Statusbar Displayed" condition. But that's awkward. I'll go ahead and file a bug report.

The good news is the original problem can easily be solved without too much effort.
Cheers.

UPDATE: I apparently screwed the pooch as there is an action "Remove Notification Missed Calls". Missed that when I looked at the web page. Duh. It renders this topic moot, but I still think the "Remove Notification" flaw is a bug.