Turning Off Google Voice When Connected to Car Blue Tooth

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

blazestudios23

Turning Off Google Voice When Connected to Car Blue Tooth

Post by blazestudios23 » 27 Nov 2015 21:42

I wrote a flow to turn google voice off when I connect to my cars bluetooth, as google voice has a box pop up when I go to make a call that asks if I want to use google voice or not.

I want this box to pop up when I call from outside my car, but when I'm in my car it stops me from using my car from making phone calls. I would really like to just turn this option off when I'm in my car, but I couldn't find a way to change app setting so I tried to just kill the whole app while connected to the car blue tooth and then restart it when I disconnect. However it doesn't seem to be working.
Screenshot_2015-11-27-13-32-37.png
Screenshot_2015-11-27-13-32-37.png (139.26 KiB) Viewed 7832 times

Martin

Re: Turning Off Google Voice When Connected to Car Blue Toot

Post by Martin » 28 Nov 2015 19:26

Hi,

Android often restarts apps when an app is killed regularly. You could try to use action Execute Root Command: am force-stop com.google.android.apps.googlevoice (pick the command from the dropdown to get am app selection). Disabling Google voice with action Execute Root Command: pm disable com.google.android.apps.googlevoice could also work.

You could also try to open the app and then use action Control UI to switch off the settings.

Regards,
Martin