Ringer Volume

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

sitruk

Ringer Volume

Post by sitruk » 23 Sep 2015 20:22

Hello, I am having an odd issue.

2013 Moto X 5.1 Stock ROM Unlocked/Rooted

I have a flow set up to alter my volumes through the day based on the time and my location. For the most part it seems to work fine. Except a couple things. My ringer volume. When it is set to volume level 1 everything reflects that (volume settings, ringtone picker is quiet), but when a call comes in it's at full volume. It's not like I can manually lower the volume... it already shows the lowest setting before vibrate. At night I have it enable priority interruptions which it usually does successfully. Sometimes it turns on priority interruptions but also enables vibrate... huh?

This odd behavior has me stumped. Any thoughts?

Martin

Re: Ringer Volume

Post by Martin » 24 Sep 2015 18:36

Hi,

Sounds odd, especially when the volume popup also shows that the volume is set to level 1. Are you using some flows or other tools that might play the ringtone not on the ringer stream but maybe on the media/music stream? When you lower all types of volumes to level 1, does the call still sound that loud?

Regards,
Martin

sitruk

Re: Ringer Volume

Post by sitruk » 24 Sep 2015 18:48

All my volumes are set to low at this time. So while I don't have anything to change my ring output stream (to my knowledge)... if it was coming out a different stream it should still be low. It is incredibly confusing.