Automagicrestarts multiple times after encrypting phone

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

dib0

Automagicrestarts multiple times after encrypting phone

Post by dib0 » 15 May 2015 06:19

Hi,

A few week ago I encrypted my phone. After that Automagic is randomly restarting during the day. There are some obvious moment (when I'm in a call) but also restart I can't retrace to a certain event.

I tried removing other applications (that might be the problem), I tried removing and reinstalling Automagic. The last reason I can think of is that I encrypted my phone.

Can you help me solve this. Most of the time it isn't a problem, but sometimes running flows will be cut off by the restart, which is not that handy.

Bas

Martin

Re: Automagicrestarts multiple times after encrypting phone

Post by Martin » 15 May 2015 13:51

Hi,

Sounds like your device is low on resources at times and thus Android temporarily kills some apps.

Please ensure that you have option Show status icon enabled in the preferences. This option should increase the importance of Automagic so the system should not stop Automagic except when it's running critically low on resources.
It might also help to enable Automagic as an accessibility service to ensure that Android treats Automagic as an app that should not be restarted even when the device is running low on resources. To do this, open system settings->Accessibility and turn Automagic on.

Regards,
Martin