Remote access automagic variables

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

sadanyagci

Remote access automagic variables

Post by sadanyagci » 18 Apr 2015 23:12

I either use my laptop or my padfone, not both. Thus, I want to be able to access and change the variables automagic uses from my web browser. I can make a web server and/or a chrome extension, but what's the best way to set this up on the automagic side?

Martin

Re: Remote access automagic variables

Post by Martin » 20 Apr 2015 18:17

Hi,

I'm not sure about the best solution but there are several ways you could test:
-Build a web server in Automagic that delivers a page and offers a way to modify the variables directly from your desktop. The simplest solution would be to build a very simple web page with a text field that's served by Automagic (Trigger HTTP Request and action Write HTTP Response). You could then submit the text entered into the text field to Automagic and use action Script with function eval to execute the submitted text as a script.
-Send special SMS' to Automagic that contain instructions to change some variables
-Use an app like AutoRemote or Pushbullet to send variables/scripts to your device
-Write a script into a text file on Dropbox/GoogleDrive and download/eval the script from time to time by Automagic (or when a special update-SMS/Mail is received)

Regards,
Martin