How to get rid of "Automagic service is running"

General discussions about Automagic and automation in general

Moderator: Martin

dlawrence

How to get rid of "Automagic service is running"

Post by dlawrence » 18 Dec 2014 00:56

I would love to learn how to get rid of the "Automagic service is running" notification in the notification screen. I run Automagic 24/7, so the notification isn't helpful and just takes up screen space.

Is there a way to suppress this or remove it?

Thanks!

David

mcyber

Re: How to get rid of "Automagic service is running"

Post by mcyber » 18 Dec 2014 09:27

dlawrence wrote:I would love to learn how to get rid of the "Automagic service is running" notification in the notification screen. I run Automagic 24/7, so the notification isn't helpful and just takes up screen space.

Is there a way to suppress this or remove it?

Thanks!

David
Yes: menu→manage→preferences→show status icon (uncheck).
However, as per option explanation, it is recommended to leave it checked, otherwise Automagic Service is likely to be killed by Android at some point.

dlawrence

Post by dlawrence » 18 Dec 2014 14:29

Ah. Too bad it can't be hidden without consequences. I guess I'll live with it!

Martin

Post by Martin » 18 Dec 2014 18:56

Hi,

On some versions of Android you can hide the notification icon by opening system settings->Apps->Automagic, uncheck 'Show notifications' then check the option again so that regular notifications can be shown by your flows.
This will hide the notification and will probably keep the priority of Automagic so that the system does not kill it. I'm not absolutely sure about this so it might work on some versions of Android but not on others.
On a rooted device you could automate this process with action Set App Notification State when Automagic starts.

Regards,
Martin

asimov62

Post by asimov62 » 01 Jan 2015 20:55

I took it off in settings app notifications for Automagic, and having installed App Setting, thanks to this app (which needs root and Xposed Installer), I set Automagic it run at startup and remains always in RAM. It works very well.

kintrupf

Post by kintrupf » 02 Jan 2015 09:51

Martin wrote:On some versions of Android you can hide the notification icon by opening system settings->Apps->Automagic, uncheck 'Show notifications' then check the option again so that regular notifications can be shown by your flows.
This will hide the notification and will probably keep the priority of Automagic so that the system does not kill it. I'm not absolutely sure about this so it might work on some versions of Android but not on others.
On a rooted device you could automate this process with action Set App Notification State when Automagic starts.
I tried this on my rooted Nexus 5 and it works perfectly! The attached flow executes on each Automagic start (thus, each time Automagic is loaded after restarting the phone) and "kills" the Automagic notification.
Note: if you have any flows which display a permanent notification you'll need to add some actions to the end of the flow to restore these notifications, otherwise they are gone, too ;)